United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five players - Mike, Chris, Ace, Seth, & I

Era A:
Both spice, one rice, and two shippers were aquired on turn 1.

Mike shipped spice in turn 1 with R&D expansion 2, but then couldn't use all of their expanded tiles in turn 2. The other spice trader, Chris, didn't ship in turn 1, but caught up, so both were size "3" by the end of turn 2. I guess Mike won't be doing expansion 2 in turn 1 again.

There was substantial competition for early turn order in turn 2 to aquire the remaining rice and shipping to end era A.

There were then two eastern shipping companies (mostly redundant with each other), and two western shipping companies(mostly redundant with each other).

Era B:
Two players (Seth & I) each had a rice co., a western shipping co., and mergers 2.

I proposed merging my shipping with one of the eastern companies for a large network. I drove the price high and bailed out.

Seth did the same with his shipping, so we had two large "full-service" shippers, but the redundancy meant that neither could force much business.

I proposed merging my rice with a spice for siap faji. I drove the price high and bailed out.

Seth also proposed siap faji, at slightly less favorable terms due to a smaller rice company, and won the bid.

I went into aquisitions with no money and piles of cash and picked up a rice and a spice.

I merged the rice and spice into a third siap faji, partially due to my favorable turn order, and bought a size 6 merged rubber company for $198.

I had a good turn of production, and everyone seemed to think that I had piles of cash, somehow not factoring in that I was making very little while I lacked production, and I blew nearly $200 for the rubber.

I advanced turn player to ensure that my siap faji made it to market first, and expanded to kill two of the oil companies before Era C hit.

Era C:
I shipped fully in Era C, which would only last one turn (largely due to my killing sites with rubber and siap faji expansion). Everyone at the table thought I was blowing out the competition.

The final tally was:
Ace 668 (siap faji with worst turn order)
Mike 686 (mostly just shipping)
Chris 751 (shipper with slots for secondary co.)
Seth 813 (other siap faji w/ secondary co.)

At that point, I asked what people thought I had for a final score. I heard 1400. I heard 1100. One person guessed $1. Well, if we were playing "The Price is Right", one dollar would have won, because everyone else overbid. I had $802.

So after a self-imposed recount (Seth was surprised), it was clear that Seth won.

-Greg

(edit for spelling)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.