Hide
5 Posts

Kill Doctor Lucky» Forums » General

Subject: Failure atempt stuck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Madzukas Pacukas
msg tools
I played game with 2 of my friends. One of friends made attempt to kill doctor it had kill value 9. I played only 4 failure cards (value 1), because I wanted to use spite tokens I had, to make kill attempt on next move. But my other friend refused to play other 5 failure cards, because he said, that I should at least increase failure value with tokens if don’t have failure cards and it’s not fair that he needs to give more failure cards than I do, because I will be next for attempting to kill doctor and not he. So the game ended.

Is there any rule that could arrange who has to give most failure cards. Maybe it can be the user that will go next.

I think this part of the game is the weakest. Is there any solution?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tholén
Sweden
Norsborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He rather had the game end than give up his failure cards? Odd. What was he supposed to use them for after the game?

It seems quite valid tactict to force the other players to play failures instead of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Harkes
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the weakest part of the game. And if it fails here, it is not a game for your gamegroup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is no solution, nor should there be one.

Forcing other players to play Failure cards instead of you is perfectly valid. The less failure cards your opponents have, the greater the chance of you succeeding in your murder attempt. You don't have to play ANY cards (or tokens) at all! However, if you don't play anything, there s a possibility that the other players can't stop the murder, and then you've lost.

Consider the following scenario. Four players A, B, C and D. A makes a murder attempt of value 2.
B has tons of failure cards but plays none, expecting C and D to stop the kill.
C does the same, excepting D to stop the kill.
D: "I have only 1 failure card!!!!"

A wins, everybody laughs. If D had failure cards but says "no, I won't play any, because you are so mean to me and didn't help me!" I can only say I wouldn't ever again play with that person.

There was a recent discussion about a murder attempt with a high value, and all people refusing to play any failure cards because the last player had tons of spite tokens. This last player promptly refused to use them and the game ended. That is a different story, because in this case, as the last player had to use about 4 or 5 spite tokens to stop the kill, she would have given away her chances to win (I believe the other players had lots of spite tokens too). Shortly, by not playing any failure cards, the other players forced her into a non-win situation she couldn't possibly get out of, only so that they could win. So she shortened her pain and ended the game earlier. In this case, I think it's a valid choice for future games: "If you want me to use my spite tokens to stop the kill, next time you'll have to help!"

But not using Failure cards? I mean, like Thomas said, what the heck was your friend supposed to use the failure cards for, after the game was ended? Buy beer with them? It's not that he was in any worse position if he had had to play them. And you had already played Failure 4? I don't understand your friend's reasoning.

That said, a murder attempt of valule 9 SHOULD be a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KEITH DINKLAGE
United States
NEW CASTLE
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
As per the clarification in the rules to KILL DOCTOR LUCKY AND HIS DOG TOO, the last player with a chance to stop the murder attempt MUST do so if able, even if this requires all his spite tokens and failure cards.

The problem I've run into with a 7 player game is that several people have a large number of spite tokens as the game progresses. So if say a murder attempt of 5 is done and the last player who can stop it has 5 spite tokens, nobody else is going to play any cards or tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.