HeroQuest» Forums » General

Subject: How Are Stats Tracked? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've never even seen this game, though I've always been interested. I'm just curious to know how stats are tracked, such as taking on wounds for both heroes and creatures. Are there markers, or do you just pencil and paper for everything?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Newell
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game comes with a pad of these sheets to record stats and items:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grouch
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's about two decades old, so don't be shocked at the answer: paper and pencil. It did come with a pad of character sheets, though.

Ryan was quicker than me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So do the creatures have multiple lives that need to be tracked, or just 1 hit takes them out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Seaman
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The number of hits needed to defeat a creature depends on the weapons/spells the hero/heroes are using, and the type of creature encountered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a number of skull tokens that come with the game. These are used to track monster wounds as some monsters have multiple wounds in the USA version. In the European version I believe that all monsters had just one wound.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
nobeerblues wrote:
In the European version I believe that all monsters had just one wound.

That's correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of certain monsters having multiple hit points better than all having only one. It changes the game from solely offensive "one attack opportunity and most likely dead" enemies to creatures that have a heirarchy of danger. You know that the Goblin is weaker than the Orc, which is weaker than the Mummy and the Mummy is going to (theoretically) be a thorn in your side longer to boot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The differences between the US and UK versions of HeroQuest are such that UK Heroes tend to have an easier time of it. In the US version, the traps are deadlier, some higher-end monsters have multiple Body Points (life) and the boss characters, such as Balur the Fire Mage, get their own set of Chaos Spells. In addition, monsters are encountered more frequently.

I tend to think that Hero Quest as played in the UK is more of an "exploration"-type game, while I liken the US version of it to "DnD Lite" (which may be a misnomer since I know next to nothing about DnD).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.