Popular Tags: [View All]
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I’m in downtown Chicago at my weekly game night. It looks like the group is being slowly taken over by people playing M:tG. I am notably irritated. I make a joke about playing Legend of the Five Rings and a buddy of mine next to me comments that people who play L5R are only slightly less deserving of death than Magic players. I grumble and sit down to start a game.

I’m setting up a game of Race for the Galaxy when someone drops a piece of paper in front of me and asks me if I’m going to go to the Chicago Gaming convention this year. “I don’t know,” I reply, “I’ll have to look at the dates.” Scanning the sign up sheet, I see that it’s a four day event from the 19th-22nd of October. “Oh, good, it’s over a weekend,” I find myself thinking, “I can sign up for two days.” I start to fill out a line on the form and realize that a 2 day pass is $40. It doesn’t sound too bad for 2 days of gaming and fun, but I decide that I’d better check in with my wife before I commit to 2 days of gaming months down the line and spend $40.

Leaving the signature line blank, I hand the sheet of paper to the gamer sitting next to me. He’s got long hair pulled back into a pony tail and is wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. Someone asks, “Are you going to go, Robert?” “Wait, is that Robert Wesley?” I think to myself as I walk out, “It’s got to be!” All he says is, “I don’t know yet.”

I step out of the gaming room so that I can get better reception on my cell phone to call my wife. Her phone is ringing when a voice comes over the intercom asking people to move their cars from the building’s ‘I’ lot for emergency reasons. I hang up the phone to think for a bit. Crap, did I park in ‘I’ or ‘H’? I’m pretty sure that I parked in ‘H’ but I’d better go and check just so that they don’t tow my car.

I find myself in the building’s ‘G’ and am realizing that I’m not exactly certain how to get back to my car. It would make sense for me to be able to get from ‘G’ to ‘H’ without much of a problem, however, the building doesn’t make sense. While the game group meets in a different section of the building, ‘G’ is a section of upscale apartments in the sky scraper designed for executives so that they can live close to work.

To make a long story shorter, I get lost in the apartments and accidentally break into someone’s apartment. They call their landlord pissed as hell (though they don’t call security). I run into a co-worker who later falls to his death before I meet my wife in ‘H’ to figure out that my car is actually parked in ‘H’.

If you haven’t figured it out yet, this was a strange dream. Even stranger, is that I woke up thinking, “I’m pretty sure that Robert Wesley doesn’t look like the guy I dreamed of and I don’t think that there is a Chicago Gaming Convention.” The moral of the story is that, I have to quit spending so much time on BGG now that I’m having dreams about my geekbuddies.

On the plus side, there is a Chicago Toy and Game Fair with a gaming section sponsored by RGG with games just released from Essen. I think I might go to that this year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't get it. So, did your wife finally allow you to spend the $40?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You know, I think she gave me some crap answer like, "It's your decision, honey, I trust you."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how long you have been married, but that reply basically means "no".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I don't know how long you have been married, but that reply basically means "no".

Aptly translated, lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you wearing your 'special' hat?

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mac
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
You know, I think she gave me some crap answer like, "It's your decision, honey, I trust you."

Wasn't that your first clue that you were dreaming?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Morley
United States
Rainier
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Better to ask for forgiveness than permission right? Heck, make it 80 bucks and pick out a nice new game for yourself. You just need to ask yourself one question: Is the downstairs couch comfortable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mendon Dornbrook
United States
Phoenix
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Martin Gallo wrote:
I don't know how long you have ben married, but that reply basically means, "no".

I guess I haven't been married for that long because that reply still means "Why are you asking me? I so don't care!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
Martin Gallo wrote:
I don't know how long you have ben married, but that reply basically means, "no".

I guess I haven't been married for that long because that reply still means "Why are you asking me? I so don't care!"

Then just remember these three rules for a long-lasting marriage:

1. Yes, dear.

2. I'm sorry, dear.

3. It'll never happen again, dear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=[Ran Over]=-
United States
Pleasant Grove
Utah
flag msg tools
mdornbrook wrote:
I get lost in the apartments and accidentally break into someone’s apartment.
LOL! I was still biting at this point, although I thought you were perhaps the dumbest person in the world. :P (Isn't it ironic.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Newell
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmb
My girlfriend screamed, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!" in my ear at about 8:00 this morning, waking me up and scaring the hell out of me.

Sleepy Me: "... What the hell are you talking about?"
Her (waking up): "Huh? Uuuuuh, I was dreaming that I was having a fight with a taxi driver. ... Did I say that out loud?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
. . . If you haven’t figured it out yet, this was a strange dream. . ..

snore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you listed those parking lot sections, my first thought was "but those aren't the right Agricola deck labels!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D M
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdornbrook wrote:
To make a long story shorter, I get lost in the apartments and accidentally break into someone’s apartment. They call their landlord pissed as hell (though they don’t call security).

I've had a dream in which I ended up accidentally breaking into someone's house, but it ended kind of badly. I walked into a room in which a woman was asleep on a bed, heard me enter the room and spontaneously died and rotted before my eyes.

I wonder is there is a meaning behind dreaming about accidental break-ins? Or for people dying and decomposing right in front of you, for that matter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BFL's going down (under)
Australia
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:
mdornbrook wrote:
Martin Gallo wrote:

Then just remember these three rules for a long-lasting marriage:

1. Yes, dear.

2. I'm sorry, dear.

3. It'll never happen again, dear.

You forgot the most important of all:

4.You're right, dear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Verbeeck
Belgium
Mol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xombeehive wrote:

I wonder is there is a meaning behind dreaming about accidental break-ins? Or for people dying and decomposing right in front of you, for that matter.

there is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange dream, especially about the break inn you were doing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I dreamt that I was eating a giant marshmallow.

When I woke up, my pillow was gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to Pimp an Old Geeklist!

This is from 3 years back, when ChiTaG was at Navy Pier. I think it's out in Schaumburg these days. The Rio Grande area was far-and-away the best "gamer" vendor there. Almost all the rest skewed kiddie.

P.S., Want enough thumbs to wallpaper a large Tudor-style house? Post a picture of Robert Wesley!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Taylor
United States
San Ramon
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can trump that, I once woke up from a dream where my ex-fiance was cheating on me (interesting side note she married a good friend of mine shortly after we broke up...) but I woke from the dream and started screaming at her:

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?"

What?

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!?"

Honey? What?

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!"

I dont understand! Why are you yelling at me? *she begins to cry*

"Oh...sh*t...oops"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Shelton
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
the break inn

Not a place I would ever want to stay at.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Mac
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Staban Tuek wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
the break inn

Not a place I would ever want to stay at.

There's a little place just down the road from the local jail here named The Caves Inn. Eep.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
mbmbmbmbmb

Not a place I want to be either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Marlowe_PI wrote:
Time to Pimp an Old Geeklist!

This is from 3 years back, when ChiTaG was at Navy Pier. I think it's out in Schaumburg these days. The Rio Grande area was far-and-away the best "gamer" vendor there. Almost all the rest skewed kiddie.

P.S., Want enough thumbs to wallpaper a large Tudor-style house? Post a picture of Robert Wesley!
Here's ONE then:

He's the "Commodore" no less! From here: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Robert_Wesley
surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.