Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Foos
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found that I am the type of person that can't learn a game by reading the rules. I usually find myself nodding off halfway through the first page. I have a couple of people here willing to play games with me, but they refuse to sit and figure them out with me. What I need is an invite to a group that meets regularly or semi-regularly that I can learn from so I can then teach my peeps as well. I am generally referring to the more complex games as I know and/or can figure out most regular board games of at least Fantasy Flight complexity (for instance I did learn Twilight Imperium without outside help. My game choices would be like ASL, ATS, Panzer Blitz, Desert Steel, I have a complete copy of Squad Leader (Not ASL) I wouldn't mind learning. I also have both beginner sets of ATS (Paratroopers and Stalingrad) I also have the beginner set #1 ASL. I just picked up Combat Commander: Europe. I also LOVE miniatures games. I learned myself how to play DBA (mostly) I have Fantasy, 40K, Epic, Warmaster Armies, but play rarely enough where I have to be coached still. I also Love Crossfire!, It's simple enough, but I haven't played with all the rules yet. I really want to learn Flames of War and/or any other really cool company level miniatures games out there. I also have Tide of Iron, but was told that it is more complex than most people think and that I would do well to learn with a group of experienced players. I have Memoir 44 and that is about the only game I can get my son to play with me because the rules are simple enough for me to learn myself and teach him.
(as a side note, I also am longtime D&D'er and would love to learn 3.5 edition well enough to DM.)

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, I live in the Mill Creek Area South of Everett, North of Lynnwood WA.

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The main "group" of wargamers I know of is the Metro Seattle Gamers, who meet down here in Ballard, (well, their new digs are in interbay). There's a Euro group that meets at third place books on a bi-monthly or monthly basis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.