Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: For those of you who have seen Hancock... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
Avatar
mb
... I have a few questions:

For those of you worried about SPOILERS, please put on your peril-sensitive sunglasses now.

1. Why did the storm develop when they started fighting each other?

2. Where did they come from?

3. How long did Mary think she could get away with living a normal life with her husband?

4. Why wasn't there a central villain better than a "former psychology professor" with about seven minutes of screen time?

5. Where was the dang STORY?

I had high expectations for a superhero movie not based on a comic book franchise. And you know what I say about high expectations....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It wasn't a rock
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
1. Why did the storm develop when they started fighting each other?

Atmospheric reaction to a critical mass of Narrativium.

Quote:
2. Where did they come from?

Somewhere else.

Quote:
3. How long did Mary think she could get away with living a normal life with her husband?

Slightly longer than she did.

Quote:
4. Why wasn't there a central villain better than a "former psychology professor" with about seven minutes of screen time?

Bad executive decision.

Quote:
5. Where was the dang STORY?

Cutting-room floor.

Anything else I can help you with?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Superhero movie??

Wasn't it about him becoming a superhero and overcoming his self loathing?

Why the heck do people always need answers to everything?

It's people that need answers to everything that "forced" George Lucas to invent mitichlorines.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
1. Why did the storm develop when they started fighting each other?
I think it was a reaction to her being pissed off.

Quote:
2. Where did they come from?
Didn't she say they were the last of the angels?

Quote:
3. How long did Mary think she could get away with living a normal life with her husband?
I doubt she thought that far ahead. Since she would never get old, it would probably be quite obvious in a few years.

Quote:
4. Why wasn't there a central villain better than a "former psychology professor" with about seven minutes of screen time?
But, but... him counseling head and ass was the best part of the movie...

Quote:
5. Where was the dang STORY?
I'm sure it will be explained in the sequel.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm sure it will be explained in the sequel.


Yep, that's it. It's obvious that the first movie was nothing but set up for a potential sequal; just like Iron Man and Hulk.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DK Kemler
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
... I have a few questions:

For those of you worried about SPOILERS, please put on your peril-sensitive sunglasses now.

1. Why did the storm develop when they started fighting each other?

2. Where did they come from?

3. How long did Mary think she could get away with living a normal life with her husband?

4. Why wasn't there a central villain better than a "former psychology professor" with about seven minutes of screen time?

5. Where was the dang STORY?

I had high expectations for a superhero movie not based on a comic book franchise. And you know what I say about high expectations....


1. Visual metaphor, much like the eagles. Story wise, elemental reactions apparently were some sort of side effect of the two's proximity/anxiety (air/fire/water were all represented, fuzzy memory if there was an earth reaction or not).

2. Doesn't matter? Irrelevant? "They have always been here" according to the film.

3. As long as she could. Obviously it couldn't have lasted, but why not be happy and help the family while she could?

4. It was a character piece. The fighting the villains were simply metaphors for the main characters struggles. A classical "villain" had no place in the movie.

5. Apparently flying a great speeds, some distance above your head.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.