Battle Line» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Herbst
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I managed to play a game of Battle Line with a coworker today. This was one of the very rare games (out of almost 50 plays) in which the game held little tension -- in part due to the card draw. My friend wound up winning by taking three flags in a row. At the end of the game he had won four flags and I had yet to win any. He won 2 of those with high straight flushes when the high cards that I had played in response had been blocked on his side very early in the game. He won a third flag on a blocked straight flush attempt of his own (he had played the 8 and 10 of a color and I had the 9)to which he had applied the FOG card before I could fill my open-ended low straight flush (3 and 4 of a suit with the two and five unplayed). I ultimately wound up committing myself (probably prematurely -- but there were few options which didn't directly hurt me available) to a three of a kind that he was able to beat for the deciding flag. I held the Redeploy and Shield Bearers (Wild 1-2-3) tactics cards which can be useful but proved of little value in this game (although I did play the Redeploy card before the end in an attempt to restructure my columns to compete with his potential straight flushes and to avoid playing a card that would break up my developing columns). He ultimately won by playing a higher three of a kind against mine and he also held the Darius tactics card with which he could have won the game as well. This was a disappointing loss in that the card draw was so unequal that I'm not certain that this game was able to be won even with optimal play on my part. Of course, Lady Luck is fickle and my friend and I will face off again soon.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.