Subject: FAQ in English & Player Aid sheet? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have tried in vain to find either of the above - amazingly neither seem to exist on BGG, unlike most other games out there. Or did I miss something?

After my first run-through of the game I feel an aid would be needed - guess I will have to make my own and post it up unless anyone knows of one.

As far as FAQ goes, there are hundreds of rules questions out there, I'm surprised no-one has assembled them all together...geez, what have you guys been doing? Playing games? Sheesh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aladdinsdad wrote:
As far as FAQ goes, there are hundreds of rules questions out there, I'm surprised no-one has assembled them all together...

What makes you think no-one has?

I have collected a large number of clarifications, and I will upload them some time in the future. When I have the time. Probably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What makes you think no-one has?

Just the fact that I can't find any...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aladdinsdad wrote:
I have collected a large number of clarifications, and I will upload them some time in the future. When I have the time. Probably.

Wow, you must be the real McCoy, right?

What are waiting for - enough people begging for your mercy to upload the stuff?
I mean, personally I don't need any FAQ from you, and it's perfectly okay if you made some playing aid for yourself but pretending not to have time to upload it is kind of strange as typing that sentence takes almost as long as uploading a file.

Sorry, I simply don't get statements like that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Leidschendam
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flix wrote:
What are waiting for

Good question, even if it's a bit ungrammatical.

I have the original German edition, but my gaming friends and myself are Dutch. That is the original reason that I created my player's aid. It's basically a list of the minor improvements and occupations, with the translated text of the card, the text of the appendix, and further clarifications from Hanno and Uwe here and on the Lookout Games forum, and my guesses if things were still unclear, or if I couldn't find any official rulings (for example: can you use the Basket if there is less than 2 wood on the action space? Do the House Goat and Horse count as animals when playing the Liquid Fertilizer? I have made up answers for these questions for when they come up in one of our plays, but I don't know if they are correct.)

It's fine for my personal use, but there are several things that should happen before I'm willing to make it public. I will have to get permission from Lookout Games and Melissa to do so (it's their translations I'm using), I may want to check a number of my rulings, I must check the whole thing for errors and mistakes, I'll have to make it look a bit more polished, and I want to check all translations with the text of the new edition.

Reactions like yours don't help motivate me to do all this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flix
Germany
Heidelberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pijll wrote:
Flix wrote:
What are waiting for

Good question, even if it's a bit ungrammatical.

Oops, you're right, the usual error made in haste - maybe I'll edit my previous post. Maybe. When I have the time.

pijll wrote:
I will have to get permission from Lookout Games and Melissa to do so (it's their translations I'm using), I may want to check a number of my rulings, I must check the whole thing for errors and mistakes, I'll have to make it look a bit more polished, and I want to check all translations with the text of the new edition.

Well, all those are valid reasons. However, I was not able to recognize them in your original post - to me it simply sounded like a sniffy and lazy statement. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

pijll wrote:
Reactions like yours don't help motivate me to do all this.

Please let my single opinion not distract you from doing this. As said before, I will never need such a file as the original rules are exceptionally concise but for the sake of any non-German player who suffers from translation problems you (or anybody else) should consider publishing it.

Happy farming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well personally I would love you to do the work....come one...now's your chance to give something back to the BGG community! Yay! Am sure we can drum up some gold for u!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.