Popular Tags: [View All]
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Has anyone repaired one of these? I have mine apart right now (no sounds) but I'm not sure what to do (checked for loose connections), nothing appears burnt out. I can post pics if needed. Maybe just trash it?

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Johnson
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually just got one of these a few weeks ago and like yours it seemed to work intermittently. It uses a 9v battery with the snaps. On a whim, I went to Radio Shack and bought a new 9v battery connector as the old one felt loose. I just cut the old wires and wire nutted the new connector, put the battery on it and....it still seemed the lights weren't lighting right. I got a brand new 9v and voila! I think my other "new" batteries were old. It seems there just aren't many things that require a 9v anymore, and consequently they sit on the shelf for a long time and drain.

I guess my point was that the actual electronics are pretty basic so the first thing is just to make sure you have good power.

The game is neat enough to spend a little time to try to get it going,IMHO.

Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I may try the replacement technique. I already tried different 9volts and checked them with my battery tester.

Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Demers
Canada
Montréal south shore
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I found the game at the flee market but the controller doesn't work so I'm trying to repair it. The whole thing has been burned out so I'm not sure how the thing was before. Maybe we could share some informations that can help us repairing it.

Contact me if you are interested.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.