Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

After a long hiatus the 100th is back to flying missions. In a continuing effort to hamstring the Luftwaffe we maintain our attacks on Göring Airfields in France. Why not join us is in the effort to beat back the advance of our enemy in Europe. Go to the link below, dust off that B-17: QotS game and join in the fun. Remember this is a fly at will game. You only fly the missions you want to fly. If you can’t fly a few missions and want back in then just post your AAR’s for the missions you can fly.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@616.Lj0LejsIbgt.21@.1dd1...

I truly await your arrival!

Jim P cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
First casualty as 1Lt Louis Quartermain's ship, Tweedy & Sylvester, B-17F-20-BO 42-1002 [LN-N], takes a flak shell to the port wing and then tumbles to earth. Only two chutes are seen to open.

Report submitted by;
Major Al Payne
Squadron Operations Officer 350th BS, 100th BG (H)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus K
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Plane Name: Tea Time
Squadron: 350th Bomb Squadron (H)

Mission #: 18
Date: August 16, 1943
Target City: Abbeville, AF
Did the B-17 reach the target: Yes
Did the B-17 Bomb the target: Yes
Bomb Run: On, 30%

Mission Description:
Three fighters attacked shortly before the bomb run. One 109, one 190 and a 110 attacked at the same time. The 110 was driven off by our Little Friends. The 109 hit the left wing root, and attacked again from 12 level. The pilot missed and our defensive fire was ineffective.

Three 190s and a 109 attacked in the second wave. Three of these were driven off. This left one 190 at 1.0 high. He missed.

When Quartermain was hit by flak in the wing I took over the lead. We were now over the target and all eyes turned to Tea Time for the bomb drop. We got hit at the same time in the right wing and radio room, but the damage was only superficial. Bomb run was 30 percent on target.

After the bomb run three waves attacked. Bombardier Hamlet damaged a 190 and three 109s were driven off by the Little Friends. In the second wave one 109 at 12 high hit the nose and waist. Bomb controls and wounded the waist gunners. 12 low hit the right wing and nose. The aileron was destroyed. The two 109s attacked again from 10.30 and 1.30 level. The pilot compartment was hit. He was driven off before he had a chance to attack again.

Little Friends drove off three fighters in the last wave but the fourth, a 109, fired and hit the radio room. He got away from the fighter cover and came in from 1.30 level. He fired but missed.

Two 109s got through the fighter cover. Engineer Benjamin Carson hit one. Both enemies missed.

Landing was uneventful.

Signed,

Joseph Banks, 2LT, Pilot – Tea Time

Aircraft status: Crew Chief Marcus Johnson will have this bomber ready in time for the next mission.

Aircraft damage: Right aileron; bomb controls; Superficial damage.

Aircrew:
Pilot: 2LT Joseph Banks
Co-Pilot: 2LT Jim Eastman
Bombardier: 2LT Richard Hamlet
Navigator: 2LT Daniel Solander
Engineer: Corp Benjamin Carson
Radio Operator: Corp Ronald Shoen
Ball Gunner: Corp Roger Fender
Port Waist Gunner: Corp Travis Forest – LW
Starboard Waist Gunner: Corp Vincent Shearer - LW
Tail Gunner: Corp Clarence Silver

Enemy AC claimed:
Bombardier 2LT Richard Hamlet claims 1x 109 FCA (-1) and 1x 190 FBOA (-2)
Engineer: Corp Benjamin Carson claims 1x 109 FCA (-1)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:
Hi all,

...then just post your AAR’s for the missions you can fly.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@616.Lj0LejsIbgt.21@.1dd1...

I truly await your arrival!

Jim P cool

With six of the seven usual stalwart players AAR's posted in the first week we are doing great. Sadly we have lost one ship, lead aircraft “Tweedy & Sylvester”, yet even with two ships posting 0% on the target we are still putting around an average of 21%+ of our eggs on target. We still have a week to post mission results, so dust off that old copy of B-17:QotS and roll the dice!

Hope you can make the target,
Jim P cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.