The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Find out tonight, on installment 1,872 of GeekQuestions: The Most Unloved Feature at BGG!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb

//Not Dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of All Simians — Not a Mere Diplomat
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
MWChapel wrote:

//Not Dead.

Just looking at this picture for one second has planted the Love, American Style theme in my head, which I'm sure will remain there all day.

Truer than the red, white, and blue-hoo-hoo-oo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:

Truer than the red, white, and blue-hoo-hoo-oo!

That's me and you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Holmes! wrote:
Just looking at this picture for one second has planted the Love, American Style theme in my head, which I'm sure will remain there all day.

It's better if you imagine the Mr. T. Experience performing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Verkisto wrote:

They just do the bridge, so it's back to the fucking Cowsills for the verses...

Man, I've gotta listen to Milk, Milk, Lemonade, now. When it first came out, it didn't leave my stereo, but it's been a little while since I've listened to the whole album...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
Holmes! wrote:

Love! American Styyyyle! I pitaaaahh the foooooo...

Well, that didn't help at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hammock Backpacker
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Hot Coffee...Mmmmmm
badge
Go Take A HIke!
mbmbmbmbmb
Holmes! wrote:

You suck! Crap... where are my headphones.... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
Holmes! wrote:
Verkisto wrote:

They just do the bridge, so it's back to the fucking Cowsills for the verses...

I didn't realize that.

I still have "Spiderman" on 45. That's the whole reason I got into them in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Brigham City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Find out tonight, on installment 1,872 of GeekQuestions: The Most Unloved Feature at BGG!

I opened this thread based on the title alone just so that I could type "This would be better as a GeekQuestion."

Drat. Foiled again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Buwahahahahahaha! Check out that week's guest stars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Logging plays since 2004
badge
Oh, so you actually think about what you are saying?
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:

Well, for one thing, it would definitively, for once and for all, prove the existence of Bill Bixby and put to rest all the conspiracy theories about his non-existence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Ludocrazy wrote:
Buwahahahahahaha! Check out that week's guest stars.

Bwah! Nothing says "romance" like Andy Devine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Prussian wrote:
MisterCranky wrote:

Well, for one thing, it would definitively, for once and for all, prove the existence of Bill Bixby and put to rest all the conspiracy theories about his non-existence.

What theories? Noted scientists, like Bruce Banner, have proven Bill Bixby never existed. Vast conspiracy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, now a specific bit of my childhood (my argument with my brother over Bill Bixby is real or fake - not much of an argument, as he's obviously real) is appearing as a BGG Chit Chat topic.

-1 Sanity. surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chanfan wrote:
OK, now a specific bit of my childhood (my argument with my brother over Bill Bixby is real or fake - not much of an argument, as he's obviously real) is appearing as a BGG Chit Chat topic.

-1 Sanity. surprise

Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. Try listening to Danny Kaye singing "I've Got A Lovely Bunch Of Coconuts" repeatedly, it will help you get over this problem of yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
My parents went to his wedding reception. I don't recall if they were invited to the ceremony...don't think so. In any case, if he didn't exist, that could explain why my mom came home so drunk that night. Trying to mask the pain of being "taken in," as it were.

Edit: Okay, my timing is not perfect. The above paragraph refers to Bill Bixby's wedding to the lovely Brenda Benet. Not to Danny Kaye's sham marriage to some beard back in the day.

Further edit: There are many who could possibly claim that Bixby was in fact Benet's beard, due to her subsequent lesbian involvement with Tammy Bruce. I frankly just like to impugn the heterosexuality of Danny Kaye, whose incessant mewling about wanting his mother to bring him a glass of water singlehandedly ruined my childhood, and made me the cranky old man that I have been since my teens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edwards
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By George, I think he's got it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
My parents went to his wedding reception. I don't recall if they were invited to the ceremony...don't think so. In any case, if he didn't exist, that could explain why my mom came home so drunk that night. Trying to mask the pain of being "taken in," as it were.

Edit: Okay, my timing is not perfect. The above paragraph refers to Bill Bixby's wedding to the lovely Brenda Benet. Not to Danny Kaye's sham marriage to some beard back in the day.

Further edit: There are many who could possibly claim that Bixby was in fact Benet's beard, due to her subsequent lesbian involvement with Tammy Bruce. I frankly just like to impugn the heterosexuality of Danny Kaye, whose incessant mewling about wanting his mother to bring him a glass of water singlehandedly ruined my childhood, and made me the cranky old man that I have been since my teens.

Danny Kaye's beard wife was the inimitable Sylvia Fine Kaye. A very intelligent and witty woman who wrote many of his songs for him. Their "sham" marriage lasted 47 years and they had a daughter. Yes, he wasn't the most macho guy, but I don't think he was entirely homosexual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wilmington
Select State
flag msg tools
designer
I love you.
badge
I love you.
mb
Kaye had a long affair with Eve Arden; then, allegedly, he had a long one with Laurence Olivier (har, har). Dude just had a taste for the finer things in life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Edwards
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
YA R'LYAH
badge
Phnglui mglw nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah nagl fhtagn! With cheeze!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Danny Kaye. Might the rumors about him be true or not? Dunno, don't much care. One thing I do know is true - Bill Bixby is real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.