NSKN are publishing my next game :)
Omega Centauri Published in 2014
Ascendancy will have 4 races (5 if you pre-order).
The Race is independent of player colour. In the short game the race you select is purely for flavour, but in the long game each race has its own starting forces and unique power.
Industrious insects controlled by complex hive minds. With the Empire in decline they are getting ready to strike back and reclaim their lost worlds.
- They get a bonus resource when building (shipyards, defences & monuments) and assembling fleets. Start with a shipyard marker, a defence marker, 2 fleets and 6 in reserve.
Graceful natural pilots employed throughout the Empire. Now persecuted for allegedly inciting rebellions they have been recalled home and are preparing for war.
- They can redistribute their fleets at the end of the round. Start with a shipyard marker, 2 monuments, 2 fleets and 7 in reserve.
Physically small, with a short life span and high birth rate. The Populi are ruled by family clans and have recently started to expand into Empire space, conflict seems inevitable.
- Their stacking limit is 4 fleets per sector (rather than 3). Each fleet they have in play at the game end is worth bonus victory points. They start with an improved defence marker, 2 fleets and 8 in reserve.
The cybernetic slave race that rebelled against the Empire. Now ruthlessly repressed they take every opportunity to strike back at their former masters.
- They inflict an additional hit against Empire fleets in the first round of combat, and gain bonus victory points for each Empire sector they take. Start with a shipyard, 1 monument, 3 fleets and 4 in reserve.
Pre-order bonus race
Deeply religious and intellectually advanced the Jix worked with the Empire to develop advanced technologies which helped the Empire to conquer most of the galaxy. The recent unrest has hampered further research and the continual failures have been blamed on the Jix. Now threatened by the very technology they developed they must respond.
- They start the game with Research Labs (allowing them immediate access to improved technology cards). Start with a shipyard marker, 1 monument, 2 fleets and 5 in reserve.
Arden Nelson Jr.
The game looks interesting to me. I've pre-ordered it. It shouldn't be that long of a wait now.