Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Cheung
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One night a while back, I tried a variant of Variant 3 using all of the new power plants.

If you use this variant, since there are 2 fewer plants in the game, just remove 8 plants for 2/3 players and 3 plants for 4 players.

As for how my game went with that variant, strange things happened which I certainly didn't see coming...

1. #1 and #2 were not bought at all, and consequently exploded after someone bought 2 cities in the 1st build phase.

2. Very high numbered plants came up first, with many #20s and #30s actually being bought at the 2nd auction phase, including an end game #36 plant (2 hybrid -> 6 cities).

3. In the 3rd auction phase, no plants were bought, and the lowest plant at that point was a #24, which we discarded out of the game at that point.

Not sure who else has tried this custom variant, but it's a pretty good one, and I'd try it again if I have another chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goldeneye wrote:
2. Very high numbered plants came up first, with many #20s and #30s actually being bought at the 2nd auction phase, including an end game #36 plant (2 hybrid -> 6 cities).

Belive it or not, this actualy happenned to me while playing normal rule with the default deck. However it was the 32. Every plant # 30+ came out in the game and very litle of anything else... Weirdest game I have ever played. Was still fun. Certainly felt different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.