Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear All,
7.4 EDWARD WINTERING
If Edward I winters in Scotland, all red blocks (except Nobles) may winter with[my underline] him regardless of Castle Limits.
Question: Does this mean the blocks are moved to the area containing Edward [as I've been playing], or that they stay in the area they are in after the battle phase is completed?
Thanks in advance,
PLB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
United States
denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They must stay with Edward in the same area. Normal castle limits apply in other areas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill J
United States
Batavia
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Those units in the same space with Edward are not subject to wintering/castle limitations. I read somewhere (the designer notes, maybe) that Edward was particularly good at managing logistics and supplies while on campaign. The game supports this idea by allowing him to have this huge force while everybody else has to go home and be restricted to castle limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They don't get a free move to Edward just because he is wintering, if that is what you are asking. English blocks that are in the same area with him at the end of the year may winter with him ignoring castle limits or they may disband.

Hope this clears it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you weren't sure - by 'with' they mean 'in the region with Edward'. Blocks that are in areas other than the one Edward is in have to winter normally - knights/archers are disbanded, infantry has to obey the castle limit, etc. Only the one area the Edward block is in is treated specially, wintering-wise.

One tactical wrinkle is that because this makes the English clump up when they want Edward to stay the winter, the Scots sometimes get a warning when they're not sure Edward is around - and they better prepare for a bad time next year when they see that clump forming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Asimakis
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again.
PLB.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.