Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Combat Commander: Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scenario 8 ... Voluntary Exit Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
I am glad that Johnny Jaws is my friend.
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
I know who I am. I'm the ant playin' the ant, disguised as another ant!
mbmbmbmbmb
We are currently playing scenario 8 where the Germans gain double exit ponits. What happens if the German manages to exit all units befor next turn? In other words, there are no German units on the board, some are casualties and some are waiting for a time event to come on as reinforcements. Is the game over with the winner being the one with the most VPs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Rule 6.3 under the 4 conditions in which the game will end.

Removal of the last unit whether eliminated or due to removal via move/advance off the board...the GAME ENDS.

Tally Appropriate VP and determine the winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. It was late and we could not find the rule. The germans won by exiting all units. It was close however, one more german casualty and the russians would have won. This was the most exciting scenario yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
Tally Appropriate VP and determine the winner.

To be clear, this will only apply when the last unit of a side leaves the map via voluntary exit -- if a side's last unit leaves the map due to being eliminated that player immediately and automatically loses (regardless of VP count).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. Thinking about that, where a happy, cocky player is way ahead with VPs with one unit remaining, heading for a voluntary exit, suddenly that unit gets snuffed, other side wins!!! Correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Enumclaw
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing game Chad. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
slate43 wrote:
Wow. Thinking about that, where a happy, cocky player is way ahead with VPs with one unit remaining, heading for a voluntary exit, suddenly that unit gets snuffed, other side wins!!! Correct?

Correct. Don't leave a single unit behind unless you are highly confident of that last unit's survival (read: eventual exit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.