W. Beljo
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I use Mana Potions before or during a Character combat as defender?
May Mana Potions be stacked; e.g. using 2 or more Potions together for a card with Energy cost of 2 or more?

Just for clarification, if both combatans are defeated can I claim a reward against a Overlord or Level upgrade encounter?
The rules just says the encounter card is discarded, but the logic deduction from this rule shouldn`t allow a reward in such a case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Kim
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
From the Rule book:
"Mana Potion: A character may discard this card
to reduce any energy cost by 1. This may be a cost
on an Ability card, Character card, or even an item."

"The amount of energy a character has access to
on his turn is equal to the number of energy icons he rolled
on his movement die (plus energy provided by any abilities
or items he may have collected)."

From Preview #1:
"The more energy that a player receives on his turn, the less movement he will receive. Besides this balance, players have a pack full of potions that they may spend to decrease their energy costs."

So it seems there is nothing in the rules that expressly forbids playing more than one energy potion though it also doesn't say that you can. The comment from Preview #1 also makes it seem like you can do that.

From the rule book:
"Encounter is Defeated, Character is Not Defeated: The
character receives the item on the back side of the encounter
card and places it under his bag token (see page 18), or,
if the defeated encounter was a game board encounter,
the character instead receives the reward described at that
location."
"Both Combatants are Defeated: The encounter card
is discarded (to the top of the appropriate challenge
deck) and the character is defeated, following the
rules for defeated characters on page 12."

Since it specifically states when you can receive a rewards for card and board encounters and just tells you to discard the encounter in dual-defeat (even though discarding a board encounter just means ignoring it), I would say logic prevails and you do not indeed receive a reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BudsBalkan wrote:

Can I use Mana Potions before or during a Character combat as defender?

May Mana Potions be stacked; e.g. using 2 or more Potions together for a card with Energy cost of 2 or more?

Yes on both questions.

From the rule book:

"Some items have more than one potion icon, meaning that its owner may choose any one of the depicted potions to use(but no more than one). A character may use any number of potions at a single time"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Kleinherne
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr_Kim wrote:

Since it specifically states when you can receive a rewards for card and board encounters and just tells you to discard the encounter in dual-defeat (even though discarding a board encounter just means ignoring it), I would say logic prevails and you do not indeed receive a reward.

I agree, argumentum e contrario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.