Popular Tags: [View All]
Garry Lloyd
United Kingdom
Holmes Chapel
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Boardgamegeek has lots of tools to satisfy that small minority who love statistics. I’m a bit surprised I’ve not embraced every whizz-bang facility that is available but I have at last, after 8 years of using the site, got my collection logged and ratings added (although I am still to add ratings to those games “played but not owned” before my move back to Shrewsbury in 2001. I admit though that I think I do have the records for these games all the way back to 1993 somewhere).

Anyway, interesting things (to me anyway) are that:

- I own 702 games

- 637 games have been rated by me on BGG, of which 513 I own, meaning I have 189 titles that I have not played / rated. This is higher than my own unplayed list of 136 games probably due to expansions that I have
not classified on my own site.

- My average game rating is 6.62 (out of 10), which is slightly higher than BGG’s guide but reflects the fact that I like a wide variety of games playable in different settings (I rate great family/party games as highly as great gamers’ games).

- My lowest rated game is Yeti Slalom (3), a train wreck of a game that I cannot understand managed to get past any rational playtester.

- I have never rated a game a 10. It is just that explorer in me that strives to find the ultimate and when I get close, I just set the bar that little bit higher.

- Of the nine games rated a 9, four of them (Caylus:MC, Notre Dame, Phoenicia and Stone Age) are too recent to guarantee that they will stay there; the other five (Ave Caesar, El Grande, Liar’s Dice, Ra and San Juan) are unlikely ever to fall from their lofty pedastal.

Originally published on http://www.spiel.co.uk

http://www.trickylight.co.uk | http://www.spiel.co.uk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve perkins
United Kingdom
Telford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've was wondering how many games you've got, now I know.

I think I'll have to check my games ratings and re-evaluate, As I feel I've got some of them wrong on reflection. Some I've rated very high based on my limited experience of euro style games. My overall rating is 7.11.

I've only been playing these kinds of games on a regular basis since about 2006, although I had played things like, History of the World, The Original Warrior Knights and Fury of Dracula back in the 1980's.

I've really been more of a war gamer with lots of Avalon Hill, GMT and Victory Games titles under my belt, plus big hitters like Star Fleet Battles, Squad Leader and Great Battles of History. These last three are career choices compared to the temp/casual nature of something like Caylus.

I still like the war gaming experience and have recently bought Star Fleet Battles-lite or Federation Commander as it is known. I guess I'll always be the armchair general, but I certainly do like my move to the euro scene and don't regret it for a moment.

So just the 189 games to go then Garry, should have them all played by Xmas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garrylloyd wrote:

- My lowest rated game is Yeti Slalom (3), a train wreck of a game that I cannot understand managed to get past any rational playtester.

You must not have kids or you have older kids. This is one that I can play with my six year old and her friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A very interesting exercise!

I own 96 games, although I think a few of those have gone to a charity shop since I left the UK. The majority of my collection will be turning up in Japan in a couple of weeks time and I can't wait.

I have rated 187 games, which is pretty much double my personal collection. I enjoy playing other peoples' games cos it's cheaper than buying them myself.

My average rating is 6.65 which includes one solitary 10, eight 9s, thirty seven 8s, sixty six 7s, forty one 6s, twenty five 5s, six 4s and three 3s.

Die Macher is my only ten. I only allow myself one ten rated game which is the game that I feel is the best game available. My 9s are games I adore and if I didn't follow this single 10 rating, a few would definitely also be 10s.

The game I hate more than any other is Wongar. It's a miserable experience, at least it was for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought a new book case for my games because I wanted to get them out of the garage and into the house, but I only took the games I really plan on playing (sorry 90's trivial pursuit and simpsons trivia game)

I counted the games on the shelf and was surprised it was as low as it was - 24. I have 50-some owned here on BGG, so where were these games? Oh - that's right, there are 8 Carc. expansions that are in 1 box and the series of killer bunnies that remains in the garage that counts as 11.

I have no idea how the gamers with hundreds store them. It amazes me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.