To Court the King» Forums » Variants

Subject: End-game variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Casadonte
United States
flag msg tools
The compass always points to Terrapin.
Something I've been meaning to try now for a while, but still haven't. Thought I'd write it down to not forget it and maybe get some feedback.

Play the last regular round as normal. Instead of having players beat the King's score, start with a blank slate and start with the person who has the fewest dice (ties broken by closest to the king in turn order). After that person goes, the person with the next highest number of dice goes and so on, skipping the King wherever it is they fall in the number-of-dice ranking. Once everyone has finished, the King gets the final chance to equal or exceed the current high roll.

The rationale behind it is that many time people are out of the running simply based on number of dice, and many people I game with don't like that (some are fine with it and I imagine some even prefer it). Other than extending the game 5 minutes and perhaps penalizing the King-holder who rolled exceptionally lucky once with no manipulator cards, I don't think it changes the game in any bad way.

Thoughts appreciated -- thanks!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.