1 Posts

Goa» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Comfort
United States
flag msg tools
After the kids had gone to bed, and we had rung in the new year, and Chris went home, and Jen and Rachel went to bed, and the two o’clock hour had come and gone, Greg and I continued with another Rudiger Dorn game, Goa. I had never played Goa before, so Greg taught me the rules, and we were off. Greg placed the flag first, and I simply had no idea what to do. All of those spice plantations and other icons were just staring me in the face. Little by little as the turns clicked by, I started figuring out how things fit together. Extra actions are good, I couldn’t help but notice. Keeping track of the other guy’s money seemed like a good thing as well. I wasn’t very good at that, especially given the late hour, but in still came in handy on a couple of occasions. Greg never had any idea how much money I had, which burned him once when he could have gone one higher for a guaranteed win of that auction.

I eventually got my spice production going pretty well, having a good mix where I could always get what I needed. I also was able to push the Expedition track down twice pretty early. Greg seemed to be restricted by his lack of ships pretty much constantly, and he had to burn several actions to grab another pair of ships. I was drawing easily twice as many Expedition Cards as Greg was, perhaps three times as many, and they provided me with ships, colonists, money, and spices. Those are all good. I usually had all the ships that I needed to push my tracks without spending a ship action, and after I spent all my money on an auction, I could sell spices to get it right back. Greg was further damaged when he failed to settle colonies on three separate occasions. In two of those, he only needed three colonists to come out of the deck! In other words, the only combination of two cards that could stop him from settling was two ‘1’s. And yet it happened… twice. I got a chuckle out of his bad fortune, but he was busting a vein in his forehead, which of course was worth another chuckle. Heheh. All of that added up to a seven point lead on the tracks, and I ended up winning by nine. My first impression of Goa is strongly positive, and I would like to get in some more games with more people.

Final Scores:
Tracks Colonies Money Cards Mission Total
Tim 25 6 3 4 3 41
Greg 18 10 0 2 2 32
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.