Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else having this problem? I can't seem to log into www.boardgamegeek.com, although I can log in through bgg.cc. For a little while, I couldn't get a page to show up at all with the default url. I've cleared all the personal data in my browser (Firefox 2.0.0.15). Is this connected to the recent update, it did just start happening yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heckle Jekyll
United States
Knox
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been trying to log on for a long time now using www.boardgamegeek.com

It just leaves a blank space. eliminate the www and you will be ok. I'll bet there are a lot of people not getting into it. Most link into bgg probably do not work now. I just kept thinking that bgg was still down. But on GOOGLE BGG DOWN there were no posts for today so I kept trying to get in and it finally worked without the www.

This cannot be good. For example: Funagain Games has a link to BGG under each game on its site. It will not connect you now.

I also use Firefox.

[Update since post:]
This all seems to now be working.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandra Sherwood
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Firefox and had the same thing with a blank page coming up. However, I did notice that when I ran a search for a game on Google and came in through that link, it would take me to the game page fine, but if I tried to go to the home page from there, it went back to the blank page. I got in fine using Explorer, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem with FF 2.0.0.16.I just right clicked on the tab at the top of the page hit reload and I got here.What a pain in the ass!Still lots of stuff that isn't working here.I cant go to contributions to see my thumbs that supposedly aren't being updated.Never a dull moment here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems to be working now. I wonder if it was just part of the intermittent access issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.