Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Swineherd/Stablehand error rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Hill
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Astronomy is a hobby. Programming is a job.
badge
Jupiter imaged by me featuring the shadow of a Moon and the Great Red Spot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this has been discussed.

My Swineherd card (#206) has the same text (formatted slightly differently) on it as the Stablehand (#207). The text is clearly meant for the Stablehand.

I assume I'm not the only one ... is it a known error?

This is for the English edition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looking at the occupation paste ups pdf file loaded up in the files section it looks like the Swineherd card is a misprint.

It should allow you to get an extra boar when you choose the take wild boar action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bryon
England
New Addington
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To add to the above error, I don't know if anyone is keeping tabs of typos in the game, but Half-timbered House (card 21) has two mistakes in the card description.

Just to help improve any reprinted edition...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pitman
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stephen_adrian_hill wrote:
Apologies if this has been discussed.

My Swineherd card (#206) has the same text (formatted slightly differently) on it as the Stablehand (#207). The text is clearly meant for the Stablehand.

I assume I'm not the only one ... is it a known error?

This is for the English edition.


What a coincidence, I just noticed the same thing last night.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hill
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Astronomy is a hobby. Programming is a job.
badge
Jupiter imaged by me featuring the shadow of a Moon and the Great Red Spot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not just me then! 'twas extremely unlikely, I know.

I'll post if I find anything else awry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Phillips
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jonbryon wrote:
To add to the above error, I don't know if anyone is keeping tabs of typos in the game, but Half-timbered House (card 21) has two mistakes in the card description.

Just to help improve any reprinted edition...


What are the errors on the Half-Timbered House?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bryon
England
New Addington
Croydon
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AndyP123 wrote:
jonbryon wrote:
To add to the above error, I don't know if anyone is keeping tabs of typos in the game, but Half-timbered House (card 21) has two mistakes in the card description.

Just to help improve any reprinted edition...


What are the errors on the Half-Timbered House?


Sorry, my message was misleading. They're just typos - no effect on game play. I only mentioned it because I assume this kind of thing can be corrected for the next printing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Australia
Live in Perth, Australia
Born and bred in Britain
flag msg tools
...into Microbadge ;-)
badge
Avatar
mb
So if I understand this correctly, card 206 (Swineherd, 4+ E-deck) should have exactly the same text as card 240 (Cowherd, 3+ I-deck) except with the words "Wild Boar" instead of "Cattle" and "Stage 3" instead of "Stage 4".

So you can just copy the text from there if you're pasting over the card.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hill
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Astronomy is a hobby. Programming is a job.
badge
Jupiter imaged by me featuring the shadow of a Moon and the Great Red Spot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
psymann wrote:
So if I understand this correctly, card 206 (Swineherd, 4+ E-deck) should have exactly the same text as card 240 (Cowherd, 3+ I-deck) except with the words "Wild Boar" instead of "Cattle" and "Stage 3" instead of "Stage 4".

So you can just copy the text from there if you're pasting over the card.


Yes. The text in the card summary http://lookout-games.de/wp-content/uploads/agricola-cards-co...is:

Wild boar: +1 Wild boar
Whenever you use the “Wild boar” (Wildschwein)
Action space, you receive 1 additional wild boar
from the supply. (The “Wild boar” Action space is
added in Round 8 or 9.)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hill
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Astronomy is a hobby. Programming is a job.
badge
Jupiter imaged by me featuring the shadow of a Moon and the Great Red Spot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a few typos on some other cards which I will note here, but nothing important:

Wooden Strongbox has a spurious close double quote at the end of the description.

Pelts arguable this one since I see why its worded this way. "You cannot use these Food" sounds wrong. "You cannot use this Food" sounds better.

As noted above:

Half-timbered House says "havinh the Half-timpered House" instead of "having the Half-timbered House"

The inventory of the rules has errors:

33 Clay should be 27 clay (already noted elsewhere)
169 Occupation cards should say 169 + 12 (Z deck)
139 Minor Improvement cards should say 139 + 12 (Z deck)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Schwabenheim an der Selz
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stephen_adrian_hill wrote:

The inventory of the rules has errors:

33 Clay should be 27 clay (already noted elsewhere)
169 Occupation cards should say 169 + 12 (Z deck)
139 Minor Improvement cards should say 139 + 12 (Z deck)


You forgot that it says Stone is grey. Or gray. Or both. Instead of black.
But as the Z deck is not part of the base edition, but just a pre-order extra, it should not been mentioned int he rulebook.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hill
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Astronomy is a hobby. Programming is a job.
badge
Jupiter imaged by me featuring the shadow of a Moon and the Great Red Spot.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
stephen_adrian_hill wrote:

The inventory of the rules has errors:

33 Clay should be 27 clay (already noted elsewhere)
169 Occupation cards should say 169 + 12 (Z deck)
139 Minor Improvement cards should say 139 + 12 (Z deck)


You forgot that it says Stone is grey. Or gray. Or both. Instead of black.
But as the Z deck is not part of the base edition, but just a pre-order extra, it should not been mentioned int he rulebook.


Stone: ah yes -- noticed and instantly forgotten.

Z-deck: As I (pre-)ordered from a 3rd party, I wasn't aware that I had the Z-deck as a bonus -- not that I'm complaining! It was great to get it. Just confused my little brain when counting the cards.

Enough of reading cards ... must play game again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stephen_adrian_hill wrote:
Z-deck: As I (pre-)ordered from a 3rd party, I wasn't aware that I had the Z-deck as a bonus -- not that I'm complaining!


AFAIK the Z-deck is included with the first 1000 copies or so.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Seelbach
United States
Huntington
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LINK TO SUMMARY THREAD FOR ALL KNOWN ERRORS:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/326815
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ender Wiggins
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
stephen_adrian_hill wrote:
My Swineherd card (#206) has the same text (formatted slightly differently) on it as the Stablehand (#207). The text is clearly meant for the Stablehand.

The cards in question:

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Inno Van
United States
San Francisco/East Bay
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone made a .pdf or .jpg file of the corrected texts to cut out and paste onto these cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Innovan wrote:
Has anyone made a .pdf or .jpg file of the corrected texts to cut out and paste onto these cards?
Yes.

Filename: Agricola_CardListErrata_V20081006.zip
www.boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo/34719
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.