Subject: Nazareth/Bethlehem Area - Where to Play? (Eastern PA) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm relatively new to the area, just bought a house in Nazareth last fall. Are there any local gatherings or the like? The Eastern PA Gaming Society looks promising, but is a rather long drive from my place.

Please also respond if you're interested in a small gathering at one of our houses. My wife would probably let me get away with a few people.

Not listed in my profile is the fact that I'm currently long-term borrowing the WoW board game, if you've ever wanted to learn it. My 9-year-old daughter and I enjoy it. cool

Marc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Nazareth/Bethelem Area - Where to Play? (Eastern PA)
Hey Marc. I'm a little further south/west to you, but wanted to let you know about the WBC which is pretty close to you.

Info at http://boardgamers.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Detwiler
United States
Lehigh Valley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Nazareth/Bethelem Area - Where to Play? (Eastern PA)
Welcome to the Lehigh Valley! You may want to monitor this thread

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/299260

I am not in a gaming group and with 2 children under 4 I do not see that happening any time soon.

This may give you some leads at least and also keep you up to date on where to buy games in this area.

I was at the Go! Games Store at the Promenade last night and they have some good games, though they are at MSRP.

Arkham Horror, Acquire, Diplomacy, Settlers, Carcassonne, Axis and Allies, Risk : Transformers and 2210, Bohnanza, and more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dave. Thread looks like it has some interesting leads.

Max, thanks for the link. I'll check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I did some errands last night and checked out Portal Comics and Games.

A very friendly young lady (employee) was playing some D&D with two gentlemen (one did not work there, can't speak for the other). She stopped playing immediately to answer all my questions. From the back and left, in a room I didn't see, there was some occasioning whooping and hollering, which I was told was more people playing D&D.

Their board game collection was small for now, but I'm told they plan on upgrading.

More important, they seem to have a rather "open door" policy regarding playing. Show up, preferably with a game or two, and see what you can get together. They also offered to put up flyers if I needed.

So...I may pack up WoW and some of my Euroes shortly and head over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernest Schubert
United States
Polk Township
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is Portal the shop in Easton? I've never been there. There used to be a couple of interesting shops in the area - Cap's was over by the Airport - but he's gone. I don't know about 'The Encounter' - I think they're pretty much just CCG's and Comic Books now.

I'm up by Lehighton - and haven't really gotten to play anything in years. I just started to unpack some of my old treasures to sell on
E-Bay last winter - and must have picked up some sort of virus from the old dears, because I had a relapse of Wargamer's Itch.

What games do you favor? I have many of the older Avalon Hill, and SPI titles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Richter
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Portal is in Bethlehem, west of Easton. Pretty close by, though.

Right now, I'm playing the WoW board game as well as a few euros (Settlers, Carc) and Zombies!

But honestly, I'll play anything. I started with the Avalon Hill stuff and would dance for joy if I found someone who had either:

1. A good copy of Merchant of Venus
2. Magic Realm and the patience to teach it to me. I owned it when I was a kid, but never really got to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.