Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really must protest the use of any game images on this site. This includes but is not limited to, images of the games and its components, images of people playing the games (especially if they look like they are enjoying themselves), creative images showing the components in a really cool way or a DIY format, etc.

I suffer from gottalookafemia. This condition requires that I look at any and all images on BGG as I scan different pages. The first stage of this malady then insidiously plants the thought in my head that the game in question looks like it is something that I might like.

The second stage of this terrible disease then actually convinces me to research said game and further bolsters my initial symptom from stage one.

The third stage sees me buying the game from a FLGS or online games supply.

The fourth and final stage is really nasty, the disease reverts back to stage one of a different image for a different game and it starts all over again.

Aldie, please remove all images from this site before my wife divorces me. She won't even play these games with me...maybe it wouldn't be so bad if she was a gamer herself...what if there was a game out there I could get her interested in...hey...look at that pic...Between The Sheets...hmmm...I feel I should check this out...looks like a nice cover...maybe its still in print...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to try to guess what games the random pictures on my front page are from and read about the ones I didn't recognize. Yes, I'm an expert at finding new ways to waste time on the internet. zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiago Nunes
Portugal
Odivelas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, the image geekmodders won't let any more images get uploaded
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds to me very much like another highly contagious communicable (and possibly even sexually transmitted) 'disease', also known as "The Travel Bug".... they may even be very closely related...

Stage One, also known as the "incubation period", starts off by looking at all these images of various places around the world that either look fascinating or show people having fun.

Stage Two, "the viral replication phase", then actually convinces one to actually research these places, and further bolsters initial symptoms from Stage One.

Stage Three, "the actual infection", sees one going to their nearest travel agency, or online airline site, and booking their trip.

Stage Four, and final stage ("the latent stage")is also quite nasty and can vary in duration... it reverts back to Stage One of a DIFFERENT image, and it starts all over again. If one is lucky, Stage Four starts at some point once you get back from the original trip... sometimes it may kick-in very quickly again, and may even commence again as early as on the day of purchase of the original trip's purchase... OR... even during the original trip itself...

Extreme care and preventative measures must be taken by governments and medicos across the world, to prevent this horrible disease from being spread from person to person (and given the high rate of missing pets during this period of the disease,there's even suspicion of person-pets, pet-pet or other animal spread)... as it's been proven to be very contagious!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eugene meidinger
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmb
It's ok! I have the cure. Simply use Firfox, rightclick on an image and select block images from boardgamegeek. It's that easy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hopefully becoming a restaurant owner soon! Peter Melanson
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SusanRoz wrote:
I like to try to guess what games the random pictures on my front page are from and read about the ones I didn't recognize. Yes, I'm an expert at finding new ways to waste time on the internet. zombie

Sorry MGBM has you WAY beat in that category....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait! Even images of cats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Diosi
Canada
Newcastle
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Albert that cats looks interesting. Do you have any information...a bio perhaps...pedigree papers...I might just want to buy it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
fractaloon wrote:

Especially cat images!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
DocStryder wrote:
...hey...look at that pic...Between The Sheets...hmmm...I feel I should check this out...looks like a nice cover...maybe its still in print...

Says, "Playing time 10 minutes." Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Kirby.
England
Widnes
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mb
Mundane wrote:
fractaloon wrote:

Especially cat images!

Dude, pussy pics on the geek!

I'll be wasting even more time on here now.devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Green
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdafilli wrote:
Sounds to me very much like another highly contagious communicable (and possibly even sexually transmitted) 'disease', also known as "The Travel Bug".... they may even be very closely related...

Stage One, also known as the "incubation period", starts off by looking at all these images of various places around the world that either look fascinating or show people having fun.

Stage Two, "the viral replication phase", then actually convinces one to actually research these places, and further bolsters initial symptoms from Stage One.

Stage Three, "the actual infection", sees one going to their nearest travel agency, or online airline site, and booking their trip.

Stage Four, and final stage ("the latent stage")is also quite nasty and can vary in duration... it reverts back to Stage One of a DIFFERENT image, and it starts all over again. If one is lucky, Stage Four starts at some point once you get back from the original trip... sometimes it may kick-in very quickly again, and may even commence again as early as on the day of purchase of the original trip's purchase... OR... even during the original trip itself...

Extreme care and preventative measures must be taken by governments and medicos across the world, to prevent this horrible disease from being spread from person to person (and given the high rate of missing pets during this period of the disease,there's even suspicion of person-pets, pet-pet or other animal spread)... as it's been proven to be very contagious!!

Hey! This reminds me of a game...Let's see, what was it again? Oh, yeah! Pandemic! Hmmm, must have game, must have game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hubbard
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RE:
Quote:
Dude, pussy pics on the geek!

Come on now: 'Dick' Delosi is asking for help, and all you can do is steer his addiction down a deeper alley...For Shame! blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schuk
France
Mulhouse
flag msg tools
Les règles tiennent sur un ticket de bus.
badge
Ce jeu, c'est simple.
mbmbmbmbmb
DocStryder wrote:
Aldie, please remove all images from this site before my wife divorces me.

Is it my computer, or did Aldie grant your wish ? I can't see a single image anymore cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sneezy96
United States
Cranston
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Schuk wrote:
DocStryder wrote:

Is it my computer, or did Aldie grant your wish ? I can't see a single image anymore cry

Could somebody put the pictures back please???? I'm going thru withdrawals now!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim O'Neill (Established 1949)
Scotland
Motherwell
Graduate of Barlinnie
flag msg tools
VENI, VIDI, VISA - my reaction on entering my FLGS.
badge
Like a good red wine, I improve with age... and being laid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Schuk wrote:
DocStryder wrote:

"Be careful of what you wish for it may be granted." devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Bishop
United Kingdom
Bath
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

[/q]

Hey Anya, knock it off...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartman
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW!

Hey Docstryder, while you're at it...

Could you fix the geekmod system

Put about 500 GG in my account

Set me up with Geek of the Week

and

while you're getting rid of images...PLEASE get rid of stormseeker75's!

Cheers,
Bart
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kulinski
Poland
Wrocław
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew! Thanks for the pictures.

DocStryder, now handle with gottalookafemia on your own ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Webb
United States
Whitesburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
totale wrote:

Hey Anya, knock it off...[/q]

110 Buffy Fan microbadges and counting and we all groaned at that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.