Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Tang
Malaysia
KL
WP
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, my facebook status updates is getting bombarded by people who think Ledger deserves an Oscar for his performance.

Sure, he did a good job as a dark, broody Joker, but I keep thinking, thats not what the Joker is supposed to be. He's supposed to be a happy-go-lucky guy. You want an evil Joker, see Hamill's joker. That guy could dance and laugh while he did these really twisted things.

You know, thats why they call him... the Joker.

As an aside, I would also really have liked to see some detective work from Bats. The Harvey Dent story really dragged IMO, I would've preferred to see Bats vs Joker in a detective vs serial killer twist-within-a-twist chase around Gotham.

What'd ya guys think of the movie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Cameron
Canada
Unspecified
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. You saw a different movie than the one I did. I saw a brilliant movie with a darkly comic Joker, a tragic fall by DA Harvey Dent and a grim battle of wills between Batman and the Joker, with the fate of Gotham City as the stakes.

The Dark Knight will go down as a classic.

P.S. A completely homicidal Joker has long since been established in the comics. At the very least since the Killing Joke one-shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Linnaeus wrote:
Wow. You saw a different movie than the one I did. I saw a brilliant movie with a darkly comic Joker, a tragic fall by DA Harvey Dent and a grim battle of wills between Batman and the Joker, with the fate of Gotham City as the stakes.

The Dark Knight will go down as a classic.

P.S. A completely homicidal Joker has long since been established in the comics. At the very least since the Killing Joke one-shot.

You mean this Killing Joke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Cameron
Canada
Unspecified
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dogzard wrote:

You mean this Killing Joke?

No, not quite.

EDIT: wrangled a wild quote tag

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
jttm wrote:
but I keep thinking, thats not what the Joker is supposed to be. He's supposed to be a happy-go-lucky guy.

Haven't read a comic since the '70s?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.