Scene It? Movie» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Fuhs
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Last nights Scene It session consisted of 2 games. We used the Deluxe Movie edition. Both games were the "long" version. Our previous session was 3 games (2 short, 1 long). The players were my son, wife & I.

We've determined that the short games are too just short with only three players. In a way, I'd almost hate to try more than three players. It would be VERY hard to get an All Play or All Play to Win answered then.

The first game lasted nearly 40 minutes. We were plagued with low dice rolls and many, many missed video questions. This was the longest, most painful of all the games we've played so far.

The second game was a rapid 20 minute affair. We seemed to roll non-video questions much more often. We tend to do much better at those than the other.

My son was helped by landing on the middle Double Feature. He then rolled a 6 which doubled to 12. This landed him on the 3rd Double Feature. The next roll was a 2, as I recall. Still, not too shabby for one turn.

Something happened that made the second game notable / annoying. The video questions (My Play, All Play, both? - I don't remember) started repeating. It was only two of the twelve or so that we actually consulted. Our results might be untypical; I don't know how it is for others. The fact that we started with the duplication so soon knocks 1 or 2 point off of my assessment of this game.

Results after 5 games: I actually WON one. Normally, I come in last. The wife won the first game in the first session. My son rules the roost with 3 wins. Moral of the story: Don't go up against a Theatre Arts / Literature college major.

There are relatively few tactical things you can do in this game. These are probably self-evident: 1) Buzz people sitting on Double Feature squares. 2) Analyze your strengths. Know which question category you excel in case you roll the wild card option. 3) Certain movies seem to come up more than others. We encountered "A Fish Named Wanda" & "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory" questions an unusual number of times in our five games. Again, like the repeated questions, it might be luck of the draw. Still, if you notice you're missing questions from a certain movie - go rent it & watch it!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.