Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Australia » QLD (Brisbane)

Subject: Any Clubs on the Gold Coast? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
keith done
Australia
brisbane
queensland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A number of people approched me at Gencon OZ asking if their were any board games clubs based on the Gold Coast. Does anyone have any details of any organised group there?

Regards,

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mat Nowak
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any Cubs on the Gold Coast?

I thought this was some sort of solicitation when I first read the title...

Sorry, I can't help you out, I just couldn't resist not posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Matchen
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Any Cubs on the Gold Coast?
Honestly, I thought he was looking for...well, Cubs fans on the Near North Side of Chicago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith done
Australia
brisbane
queensland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL.....the error has now been corrected!

Regards,

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susanne Mulholland
Australia
flag msg tools
Yes, new board games club set up (due to desperation)

Beer & Boardies
at the Fox & Hounds Restaurant
on Oxenford-Mt Tambourine Road

1st Tuesday of every month 6.30 pm to about 9.00 pm.

Set up by Rob Mulholland who was founding member of Baycon games convention in the UK.

Games tend to be the shorter ones - have been playing Thurn & Taxis, Carcasonne, Airlines, Holiday AG, Acquire.

He is trying to encourage new gamers to the hobby. All welcome.
Would be interested in hearing of any gamers who want a day session for longer games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Mulholland
Australia
flag msg tools
Keith,

I am running the Beer & Boardies games club at the Fox & Hounds inn on the Mount Tamborine/Oxenford Road juction with Elavation Drive in Wongawallon every 1st Tuesday of the month from 6.30pm. Last session saw 9 members, although its early days yet. the landlord is very supportive and gives us plenty of tables and we can drink proper beer (draught Speckled Hen & Bombardier Bitter) at the same time.

I don't bring the whole games library along (500+ games) due to size but can supply on request a pretty fair selection of games with a very good pile of German titles and new games from designers such as Martin Wallace (Warfrog Games) and Reiner Knizia.

Popular games at the moment are Acquire, Airlines, Holiday Ag, Carcasonne,
Flusspiraten, Billabong, 6-tagge Rennen, Tayu, Thurn und Taxis, Settlers, Puerto Rico, and Automobile.

Always looking for new members. This is not a GW or MTG games club as there are plenty of people playing that stuff in alcohol free sports halls and the like. If you are interested please feel free to give me a call on 07 5533 7116.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
keith done
Australia
brisbane
queensland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I will definitely see if i can get a few people from LXG to attend the Janusry meeting

Regards,

Keith

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B...
Australia
flag msg tools
Hi all,

I've recently moved down to the Gold Coast and am keen to hear if there are any active clubs down here playing games?

I've read there's a few clubs been spoken of - if any are active, when's the next meeting? It would be good to go along!

Look forward to hearing!

Cheers,

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.