Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering when this game will be released in the UK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just keep watching your favourite online wargame supplier for announcements. They will be buying it in from the wholesalers within the next week as far as I know.

I emailed my favourite last week and they said "watch the pre-order page next week and get your order in quick" so I reckons it will be sold out pretty damned quick.

I suspect most if not all the onluine shopkeepers use BGG and will be well aware of the interest in this game so as long as enough stock arrives in the UK there should be enough to go round (yeah right - just like the UK supply on Nintendo Wii's).

Buks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Russ
United States
Marshall
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just upped our purchase with our distributor for CoH. This has been our most popular pre-order since Devil's Cauldron and I expect it to sell very well once it comes out.

Wargame Depot will have a lot of copies. However, I can't imagine the print run is very large for the game (first game by Academy), so a quick sell out seems quite possible.

Just my wild guess - I have no "inside" info on the print run.

Cheers,
Jason
www.wargamedepot.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forget where, but Uwe mentioned that the first printing has already been sold out (to pre-orders and distributers) but a second printing with an extra worker shift is already underway. From the sounds of it this will only mean a couple weeks or so difference for those people that will have to wait for the second printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just made my pre-order from my fave online supplier (in the UK) as it has just this minute appeared on their website. The pre-order page said "Due: 30th July" so fingeres crossed .....

Really looking forward to this one as I have managed to snare a mate into playing Memoir 44 and while he will only play M44 and no other, I think I might be able to persuade him to expand his repertoire.

Buks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which online supplier are you using?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Simons
United Kingdom
Royal Wootton Bassett
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'd like to know too because IGUK have it listed as expected for release 30th September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that I don't lose my chance of receiving my order

http://www.leisuregames.com/

Good luck.

Buks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks (Ill order 10)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamecat_uk - if you get a copy and I don't ....

I'll.....

errrr.....

not be happy ?

Right, got that off my chest.

Best of British luck to you, hopefully we can all get a copy (but not 10).

Buks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we are suffering the 1:1 dollar to pound conversion rate again. This game is only $49.99 in the States (£25).

Can anybody suggest a good US online supplier with reasonable international delivery rates?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How the hell do they justify this!! Particularly when the dollar is so weak to the pound! Really annoys me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its the same with pretty much everything.

If you can find a US supplier with cheap shipping you can guarantee you'll get a hefty import tax Theres a chance you won't of course but I gave up buying stuff overseas after getting stung a couple of times - worked out more expensive in the long run.

godd luck if you try it though.

Buks

PS They might localise the language in the instructions so you'll be reading "color" and looking it up in your Anglo-US dictionary and going "oh they mean colour"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Buckle
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leisuregames now have their pre-order set at "Due : 6th August"

I suppose I can wait that bit longer

Buks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy M
United Kingdom
Norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamecat_uk wrote:
How the hell do they justify this!! Particularly when the dollar is so weak to the pound! Really annoys me.

The game weighs 7LB so I am guessing they have to play a lot of postage to get them to the UK in the first place (seeing as it's being imported from the US).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UK Release?
Has anyone in the UK received their copy yet (or even seen one in a shop)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Langdon
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not yet. Must be imminent...i hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
uwe eickert
United States
Fremont
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The UK orders are at the freight forwarding company in the States I think. They consolidate the orders to be shipped to Europe. The good news is that the games have left the building! The same goes for all orders bound for Italy, France, Spain, and Germany. How they get to Europe, I do not know. If per air, the games could breeze through customs or they could get held up due to stricter import controls. One never knows.

Uwe

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Higginbottom
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked my copy up from the shop yesterday afternoon. Nick at www.shiregames.com was good enough to email me when he had some copies and I picked it up on the way home.

Just need someone to play it with now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.