Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question #1. Sister Mary is at the Historical Society and the encounter says to go to the woods. If there's a monster and an open gate at woods. Does she encounter the monster? Does she get sucked through the gate? If she gets sucked through the gate on that turn, I would think she would have an outer world encounter.

- I played it that Sister Mary does not encounter the monster and she did get sucked through the gate and had an out world encounter on that turn.

Question #2. Sister Mary helps out with some science experiment at the University that blows up 3 open gates. Pete has traveled through one of the gates that Sister Mary blew up. Where does Pete come back to Arkham at?

Recommendation for people with no short term memory like myself: Take an index card and write down the following information before starting the game:

Number of Players =
Seal a gate = 5 Clue Tokens
Maximum # of Monsters = # player + 3
Maximum # of Outside Monsters = page 18
Too Many Open Gates = page 19
6 Endler Signs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KingPut wrote:
Question #1. Sister Mary is at the Historical Society and the encounter says to go to the woods. If there's a monster and an open gate at woods. Does she encounter the monster? Does she get sucked through the gate? If she gets sucked through the gate on that turn, I would think she would have an outer world encounter.

- I played it that Sister Mary does not encounter the monster and she did get sucked through the gate and had an out world encounter on that turn.

This is correct... monsters are dealt with during movement, and Sister Mary arrives in the woods during Arkham Encounters.... Also, she encounters the gate during Arkham encounters... goes through and then has an an encounter in the Other World Encounters phase.

KingPut wrote:
Question #2. Sister Mary helps out with some science experiment at the University that blows up 3 open gates. Pete has traveled through one of the gates that Sister Mary blew up. Where does Pete come back to Arkham at?
At the time when he tries to leave the other world, he becomes Lost in Time and Space... place him in the Lost in Time and Space box on the board... he is also delayed... once he is able to leave lost in time and space, he returns to Arkham at a street/location of the players choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Paull
United States
Cumming
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Question 1, you played correctly

Question 2: see page 8, center column: "if no open gate leading to the Other World the investigator is in.. lost in time and space".

--JP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Dean
Australia
Earlwood
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify question 2...The above answers are correct...BUT, if while the investigator is in that OW and ANOTHER gate opens from that OW he can happily exit there and still be able to close/seal it. You only have to return to a gate that is the same as the OW, not specifically the same Arkham Location you entered. SO if you headed into the Dreamlands from the Woods and there was another Dreamlands gate at the Graveyard you could come back through either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Putnam
United States
Reisterstown
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks for the quick response everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth
Switzerland
Zürich
Zürich
flag msg tools
badge
My ass is green, but I don't let it worry me.
mbmbmbmbmb
KingPut wrote:

Recommendation for people with no short term memory like myself: Take an index card and write down the following information before starting the game:

Number of Players =
6 Endler Signs

Or better still, grab one of these files (don't forget to thumb):
Universal Head ARKHAM HORROR Board Overlay
Universal Head ARKHAM HORROR Playsheet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ketchupgun
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
KingPut wrote:

Number of Players =

Here's little more practical way (besides UniversalHead's amazing ref sheets...and his board overlay:

MAX Monsters: set aside a number of figurines (RalPartha, DnD, Reaper, Carc Meeple, Pandemic Pawn...etc etc etc) equal to the Monster Limit...whenever you pull a monster from the cup and place it on the board, put a figure on it..when you run out of figres, you've hit the limit.

same for the Gates Max. ... put the gates on a little lego blocks or stands (using only as many blcoks as the max allows for your game ... when you run out of stand/blocks, you're cooked!

these two tips also help in locating these pieces as they will be 3D on the board now.

cheers
t.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.