Subject: Penalty for faulse bidding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michalis Papanikolaou
Greece
Athens
Unspecified
flag msg tools
1.What s the penalty for bidding with money that you dont have(just to raise the price). It is only exclusion from the new bidding or you lose one round also?

2.Can you decide not to pay for the animal although you have offered the highest price and you have the money (just because you regreted it)

3.In case that you are suspicious that the opponent has not the money he claims can you ask him to reveal his money? And if he is? He can show the money to everybody or just to the one he accused him?

I need clarification please helpangry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Peek
United States
Preston
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Re:Penalty for faulse bidding
My guess is that you are expressly forbidden to bid more than you have, and that each player is on his or her honor not to bid more than they have.To enforce this, I would say that anyone caught doing so is out of the game, and that their money is forfeited and their anumals put up for re-auction. Harsh, but keeps people from doing something this stupid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Greer
South Carolina
msg tools
designer
paliakos (#75878),

I don't have the rules in front of me, but it seems that you CAN bid more than you have, so long as you don't wind up being the winning bidder. If that happens, then you suffer some penalty, but if you want to drive up the price of something for someone else with money you don't have, it's an option.

Keep in mind, I'm not sure about this. Some game I have has this sort of rule, but I can't remember if it's Kuhhandel or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paliakos (#75878),

To answer
1. the rules state, "If someone bid more money than he has, he must reveal all his moneycards and the auction is repeated without him".

2. No.

3. No, this is the essence of the game - that is - bluffing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Re: Penalty for false bidding
paliakos wrote:
1.What s the penalty for bidding with money that you dont have(just to raise the price). It is only exclusion from the new bidding or you lose one round also?
My edition of the rules simply says: "If any player discovers that he can't pay the amount he bid, he must show all his money and the auction will be repeated."
Showing your money and repeating the auction seems to be the only penalty. In my opinion, this suggests that it is possible to bid higher than the amount that you have, in order to raise the price. It's also in keeping with the central element of the game: bluffing. However, there is a risk: if other players think you are bluffing (which is what the game is all about) about how much money you have, they could purposely let you win the auction and force a re-auction, and when the auction is repeated in the event that you did overbid, they have the advantage of knowing exactly how much money you have, and can bid accordingly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thijs Lauwbierkoffie
Netherlands
Amersfoort
Utrecht
flag msg tools
voor euro's en thematische spellen
badge
Kom spellen spelen bij het spelpaleis
mbmbmbmbmb
EndersGame wrote:
paliakos wrote:
My edition of the rules simply says: "If any player discovers that he can't pay the amount he bid, he must show all his money and the auction will be repeated."
Showing your money and repeating the auction seems to be the only penalty. In my opinion, this suggests that it is possible to bid higher than the amount that you have, in order to raise the price. It's also in keeping with the central element of the game: bluffing. However, there is a risk: if other players think you are bluffing (which is what the game is all about) about how much money you have, they could purposely let you win the auction and force a re-auction, and when the auction is repeated in the event that you did overbid, they have the advantage of knowing exactly how much money you have, and can bid accordingly.

AND a very important ellement: you can't just higher the price by false bidding, you can also make money out of false bidding if the auctioneer wants to buy the annimal he is selling. So auctioneers: know where the money is and where not!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls