Subject: Collector's Edition Price Estimate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know if this is old news. I was looking around for information about the deluxe edition of Hey! That's My Fish! when I saw a tiny blurb about the War of the Ring: Collector's Edition here (the article appears to have been written June 18). The article estimates the price of War of the Ring to be about 190 euros. Anybody know roughly many dollars that translates to? I don't mean a straight currency conversion; I mean an estimated conversion based on how games in Germany and USA are usually priced (i.e. if the German edition goes for 200 euros in Germany, how much would the US edition usually go for here?)

Almost nothing in the article, I know, but for those of us eagerly anticipating the elusive Collector's Edition (me), any news about it is good news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Henshaw
United States
East Bridgewater
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At ~1.5 to 1 ratio it outs it around ~$350.00 USD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man...Based on what an FFG rep told me at Origins that is awfully high. He seemed to think it would be more around $150-200...hope I wasn't misinformed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind the $300 is from a straight conversion from euros to dollars. Of course, none of us in the US is going to order a German edition from Germany and pay 190 euros for it.

I'm more interested in knowing what games retail for ~200 euros in Germany, and how much these games cost in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
Powhatan
Virginia
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be very surprised if it's $300.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Dooley
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fellow I talked about, like I said, seemed to think the Price wouldn't be THAT much more than a FFG big box game, again with his estimate being closer to $150 than $200.

We'll see!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was in Paris I snooped around a game store for the fun of it. The prices were much higher in Europe than in the U.S. for most games, approaching numeric parity on the price tag (50 euros for a $50 game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DALLAS KELSEY
United States
ROYAL OAK
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this is old news or not, but I read Nexus Games will produce the final product (what I read is very vague to say the least, so this may only be regional in Europe).

The game was mentioned in a post I just saw this morning from Spielwarenmesse International Toy Fair 2009 ... I know nothing of Nexus Games, but suspect they are a publisher/distributor that handles european games (?). I see them listed on some Arkham horror games, but I don't recall seeing their name anywhere on my copies, so am guessing the partner with others on distributing or publishing existing products.

At any rate, perhaps this may help inform others who know more than I do about this sort of thing than I do (likely everyone) as to how the final product may be priced. Here a link to the blurb I saw:

http://theminiaturespage.com/news/625762/

For what it's worth, I was guessing $300 as well, a la "Catan Collector's Edition". In fact I soooooooooooo want this to be a high-end product I would almost rather see it priced at $300 instead of $150. But I guess I'll take it for $150 if I have to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me check the parallel swap rate for Venezuelan Bs vs Dollars...

cool 6 Bs to the $1

That means I can use my CC for $200 at the official rate of exchange of 2.15 costing me Bs 430. Now I sell 72$ in the swap market to get the Bs 430 and pay off the CC. Voila..instant discount...I'd be nuts not to buy the collector's edition at $72.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.