Popular Tags: [View All]
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anybody else have a thing where their cars spin like tops when they stop moving (well, forward)?

(I applied the stickers to the same side of each disc) The majority of my cars spin for several seconds (though I presume only those that traveled along a curved rail), and it doesn't seem to matter which car I use.

However, when my wife plays, hers almost never spin -regardless of car, and even when she travels along a curved rail.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... IIRC, one side of the car is flatter than the other. A friend put the sticker on the wrong side of one car so the bowed out side touches the track and is more likely to spin. Maybe the sticker got placed on the wrong side for all cars. Although this doesn't explain the lack of spin with your wife.

Do you two have different flicking techniques? Some people flick sideways which I would think would put spin on the car. It may also be possible that you're hitting the car a little off center which would apply some spin (similar to the 'english' of a cue ball in billiards).

I'd probably would have to see it in action to get any more ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xitoliv wrote:
Does anybody else have a thing where their cars spin like tops when they stop moving (well, forward)?

(I applied the stickers to the same side of each disc) The majority of my cars spin for several seconds (though I presume only those that traveled along a curved rail), and it doesn't seem to matter which car I use.

However, when my wife plays, hers almost never spin -regardless of car, and even when she travels along a curved rail.

Maybe I'm just crazy.

My PitchCar cars are the kind with the pressed/molded patterns rather than stickers, and they all spin when they stop moving. The bowed side is supposed to be on the bottom to assist it with bumps and dips in the track, and make it less sensitive to track imperfections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My cars don't spin and if you wife doesn't spin with the same cars it sounds like its more in your technique than a problem with the cars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't mean to imply it was a problem, in fact I find it quit charming; just curious is all.

I set up some sample tracks when I first got it and flicked cars around un-stickered, tried both sides, didn't notice any appreciable difference, so discussions of the sides are falling on deaf ears with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.