Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Acin
United States
Coral Gables
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have information on how many unique cards are there in total, including all expansions released to date? By unique, it can also include cards that are the same (land cards for example) but have a different picture on the card, but not if the card has been re-released on a different set with the same powers/description/picture, but a different border (ie 3rd ed vs 5th ed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
CardKingdom.com will allow you to go set by set, and after clicking on the "about" tab for each set, it gives a card count for each.

You'd probably still have to figure out what cards didn't get printed in unlimited from alpha/beta, but that wouldn't be an arduous task.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GET A SILK BAG FROM THE GRAVEYARD DUCK TO LIVE LONGER.
mbmbmbmbmb
It wouldn't be that bad to keep track of unique cards, but unique art would make it a nightmare. Many cards had multiple art within the same set (early sets like Fallen Empires and Alliances) and numerous base sets starting with 5th have used different art as well. I don't think you would be able to find a database to help you on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to find out how many cards there are including art variations, download and install Magic Online. Last time I looked, all sets and cards were in its database including the ones that don't yet exist for online play.

If you just want to know how many functionally unique cards there are, as of Eventide the answer is 9977. This is comprised of:

5075 creatures
785 non-creature artifacts
368 lands
1426 enchantments
1071 sorceries
1247 instants
and 5 planeswalkers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chapman
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
flag msg tools
Oh, alright - except for Codenames
badge
No, this is NOT my bloody "fursona"
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
You'd probably still have to figure out what cards didn't get printed in unlimited from alpha/beta, but that wouldn't be an arduous task.

Actually, the trick is to figure out what cards from Beta weren't printed in Alpha, as Beta and Unlimited were identical. The answer is seven.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.