Popular Tags: [View All]
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, watching Sandra Lee's knife "skills" a moment ago made me think of a new, hybrid, EXCITING culinary reality TV Show. Here is a chance to support my idea, or take the easy and frequently-travelled footpath labeled "Screw you, Cranky, your ideas suck!"

Poll: Would you watch Gordon Ramsay's Hell's Kitchen if the contestants were all Food Network stars?
Umm, I forgot that the only question was already used as the title of this poll. Damn.
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
Yes.
44.0% 11
No.
28.0% 7
You suck, Cranky, and all your ideas suck too.
28.0% 7
Voters 25
This poll is now closed.   25 answers
Poll created by MisterCranky
Closes: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
No.

Unless it's Giada De Laurentiis. I could watch her...umm...do whatever it is that they do on Hell's Kitchen.

Ohh! And Alton Brown and Mario Batali! (for a completely different reason than Giada, that is)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I'm not even marginally crushed by the one respondent thus far who took the easy way out, but the two people who wouldn't watch that show? I am totally crushed. So far I'm the only person who would watch that show! And I'd watch it eagerly.

"Paula Deen!! You DONKEY!! Get the FUCK OUT!!!!"

Oh, man...it makes my palms sweat just thinking about this idea. I have got to get Bob Tuschman's office number right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
No.

Unless it's Giada De Laurentiis. I could watch her...umm...do whatever it is that they do on Hell's Kitchen.

Ohh! And Alton Brown and Mario Batali! (for a completely different reason than Giada, that is)

Okay Jon, I've certainly met you and realize that you're some sort of saint in gamer's clothing, what with all you do to be helpful everywhere you go and all that, but honestly--you've never seen Hell's Kitchen??? It's the most cathartic reality show in the world. All these horrific food industry personnel--chosen specifically for their lack of skill and overall unlikability--get berated mercilessly for hours and hours by some guy that got appointed God of Cooking somewhere in England a few years ago. It's the most hostile thing on television, bar the nightly news!!!

You really should get the DVDs on Netflix or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bela's dead and Vampira won't talk
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, be assured that I was the first "Yes." I'd love to watch the "stars" crash and burn in all of Fox's hilariously overproduced glory.

(If you do get his contact information, don't let me know. It's healthier that way.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to hate Gordon Ramsay until I watched Kitchen Nightmares (the good British version), and saw that he has a good heart, enthusiasm, and a drive to help other succeed. He just happens to have one hell of a mouth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
Okay, I'm not even marginally crushed by the one respondent thus far who took the easy way out, but the two people who wouldn't watch that show? I am totally crushed. So far I'm the only person who would watch that show! And I'd watch it eagerly.

"Paula Deen!! You DONKEY!! Get the FUCK OUT!!!!"

Oh, man...it makes my palms sweat just thinking about this idea. I have got to get Bob Tuschman's office number right now.

I would watch it just to have him bring Paula Deen to tears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a HUGE fan of Gordon Ramsay's. You're absolutely right, the British version of Kitchen Nightmares has a tendency to really show his humane side. The American knock-off tries (in my ever-humble opinion) to promote that side of him quite forcefully, and therefore falls quite short. Still, his warmth and overall humanity can be seen quite often on Hell's Kitchen, too, though it's usually quashed by the pathos of his absolute distaste for the work of the "contestants."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
le_cygne wrote:
Oh, be assured that I was the first "Yes."

You tied with me, then, because I have no qualms about weighting my polls' results.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterCranky wrote:
I am a HUGE fan of Gordon Ramsay's. You're absolutely right, the British version of Kitchen Nightmares has a tendency to really show his humane side. The American knock-off tries (in my ever-humble opinion) to promote that side of him quite forcefully, and therefore falls quite short. Still, his warmth and overall humanity can be seen quite often on Hell's Kitchen, too, though it's usually quashed by the pathos of his absolute distaste for the work of the "contestants."

The American version is just trash. It is typical American fixing. Here is a load of cash, buy some new crap, and continue doing everything else wrong. At least in the Britsh version he fixed the problems with people and they have to pay for improvements therefore investing themselves into their own sucess or failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's all quite true. I hope I didn't come across as even remotely a fan of Fox's Kitchen Nightmares. I need to watch out for that sort of thing. The fact that I watch pretty much everything with Ramsay in it doesn't imply that I like all of it. I want to see more of his competitions from England. I can't think of the name of the show. It reruns occasionally and TiVo grabs it for me. Watching them out of order is a bit annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
the difference between a "crowd" and a "mob" is one push
mbmbmbmbmb
AnakinOU wrote:
No.

With a little of Crisco and those three, well, a good time could be had by all ... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Amstutz
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to see Bobby Flay, Emeril, and Rachel Ray all get their "just desserts" from Ramsey. That would be a real hoot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Destiny's got her hand way, way up in their puppets! It's an unpleasant tingling! The deepest of wriggles!
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
Spoon!
badge
Well, once again we find that clowning and anarchy don't mix.
mbmbmbmbmb
dogzard wrote:
I'd love to see Bobby Flay, Emeril, and Rachel Ray all get their "just desserts" from Ramsey. That would be a real hoot!

Hey, you leave Rachael Ray to me. I'll see to it that she gets, um, a good talking to. And maybe a spanking. And whatever else seems appropriate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate, hate watching Gordon Ramsay verbally bludgeon talented people. Even if they're not ideal restaurateurs, where does he get off?

Consequently, I can't stand to watch Hell's Kitchen. Ever.

In further consequence of which, I would really, REALLY hate watching him do it to people who are already 'stars' in their own right. (Especially Alton Brown, whose work I love, or Rachael Ray, who's just too darn cute to scream at.)

So, I voted 'No'. (and it's a dead heat, at 5 apiece for each of the three options, as of now.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzan
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd watch anything with Gordon Ramsey in it, I guess I'm a fan too. I have no idea who the 'Food Network stars' are (and I don't really care).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Anderson
United States
Gloucester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man. What a great idea!!

I'd love to see Ida Garten, Sandra Lee, and Giada Di Laurentiis get skewered by Ramsay. I cannot stand any of them.

Of course, the more popular stars would be entertaining too, but merely because everybody loves a train wreck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Abby
BC West Coast
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroZilla wrote:
I hate, hate watching Gordon Ramsay verbally bludgeon talented people. Even if they're not ideal restaurateurs, where does he get off?

Ramsey is an escaped Military Intelligence interrogation cyborg.

He can't help himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that would explain it...shouldn't he be working phone surveys though, if that's the case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.