Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Apollo
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this game thinking that it would probably see the table more than its monster cousin, and so far I think that I was right. My wife is an absolute WoW nut, and this game fits nicely with our love of both board games and WoW.

The first game, I played the Orc Warrior and she played the Dwarf hunter. We didn't really spend time analyzing the best strategies, we just waded right in.

I started in the Undercity, and began with a PvP quest and a quest to retrieve one of my tokens from a nearby village. She started in Stormwind, much like the PC Game, and didn't really focus on her initial quests.

I quickly completed my first quest and started my journey south to meet the wife in glorious PvP combat, meanwhile she felt her way around and managed to complete both initial quests and got a jump on a third quest worth 2 valor points while reaching yellow level in the process. I reached her and the combat began. I defeated her thanks to her weakened state and completed my PvP quest, but she ran for the boss that would raise her to yellow in the sunkem temple after completing her third quest.

My luck was running thin at this point and every encounter I faced seemed to escape the deathblow. I managed to climb to green despite this fact, but only after she defeated the sunken temple, ascended to red level and had an advantage on the Hakkar Overlord.

I could only watch helplessly as she claimed the 4 valor points for defeating the overlord bringing her to 8 total and winning the game 8 to 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
heath fowler
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
This helps to verify my theory that only wives can win this game when it is played by a married couple. More research is necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Kron
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
mrwolf710 wrote:
This helps to verify my theory that only wives can win this game when it is played by a married couple. More research is necessary.

I'll add my observations once the game arrives. For now I'm happy to report that my wife did an awesome job of painting the Artumnis Moondream figure from the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Kron
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
(Short version: she won. It was awesome. Session report coming soon.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.