1 Posts

Diamant» Forums » Sessions

Subject: More than just a bag of rocks. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Park
United States
flag msg tools
Jim busted out "Incan Gold" for the next game of the night. Even though the box looked to weigh less than one pound, good things do come in small packages... (At least that's what Sam keeps saying). After Brian put on his Ra clinic and schooled us bigtime, we were hungry for blood.

Incan Gold is a "Push your luck" style cardgame where we are exploring underground dungeons looking for treasure while trying to avoid getting splattered by nasty beasties. After each card is revealed (Treasure, Artifact, or Danger) we can either keep going hoping to add more treasure to our sack, or grab our sack of jewels and head to camp to "lock in" the goodies.

Brian started out taking a few gems and getting out early. Luckily for him we pulled double dangers and the round ended. I pulled some decent rounds and thought I was sitting on a big stack of treasure after bringing in an artifact in round 3. The suspense of trying to outguess your gaming friends on when to cut bait and run is fantastic! Trash talk gets thrown about like crazy.

Round 5 ends up with Sam as the last man standing hoping to make a huge haul. Danger cards are drawn and Sam is left holding an empty sack. The final round starts and I take some early gems and exit with Brian. Teong and Jim last a bit longer and make it out with some cash. Sam is again the last one in the dungeon looking for treasure. He gets some great cards pulled and a 10 point artifact. He finally heads out and we count up.

Let me just say my gem counting skills are poorer than I thought! Everyone keeps their loot under a "tent" so that nobody can see exactly what has been removed from the dungeon. While I was not last, I was close. Sam was very pleased to take first place.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.