United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
If one player has the Merchant of Mystery and uses it to copy the Lamp of the Djinni, does the Merchant automatically get 3 exhaustion counters on him?

If the answer is yes:

Does the Merchant keep any remaining exhaustion counters after the turn is over and he is no longer copying the Lamp?

If the answer is no:

Say the Merchant has an exhaustion on him already. Can the player use the Merchant to copy the Lamp, remove the exhaustion, and get a wish?

This is kind of a weird loophole that stems from a bunch of Magic players who read rules way too literally Is there an official ruling on this?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Beck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing official from me but there is no need to put exhaustion counters on the merchant. He simply copies the power of another reward for that turn. He is never exhausted when copying another power. As an ally he can become exhausted but that is completely separate from power-use tokens (i.e. exhaustion counters placed to signify power use).

Tell your guys to use a little common sense instead of literal rule interpreting.

Failing that the game's owner ALWAYS has the last say imho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.