Thumb up
1 Posts

Wallenstein (first edition)» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pierre-Luc Thiffault
flag msg tools
After trying out A Game of Thrones, Patrice left and another player joined us to our group. I don't recall his name, maybe I should ask Rami, laughlaugh. So in this report he will be the unnamed player. So Rami, Yves, Pierre, myself and the unnamed plyer went for another meaty game, Wallenstein.

It was a good game. When selecting our starting territories, we had a choice one of the two visible territories or as Rami would put it. "La surprise!, La surprise!" It was quite funny. laughlaugh We laugh alot about that.

We all had our own areas, except for maybe Pierre since always took "La surprise!, La surprise!", laughlaugh HE did his best to have a few territories together.

During the first year, we conquered some neutral territories and battled each other for terriories which had some buildings in it.

After the first year, Yves was first, I was second, the unnamed player was third, Rami fourth, and Pierre was last.

Second year was very opposite for me. I declared war to the unnamed player for the fist time in the game, and since than he fought back in another territory, I hit him back and I fought continued for the rest of the game. As the unnamed player would say "Les repriage!, Les repriage!", we laugh alot about that too. laughlaugh

To make it more interesting, we fought in the territories which we had the most armies in. So basically, at the end of the game, we didn't have much armies left in our territories, something like one or two left in each one!, laugh Many territories were even, so all buildings in those territories were destroyed. Very expensive for both sides.

I also got hit by the other oppenents. At the end of the end of the game, I had 3 territories. After the first year, I had 8. So I big drop for me.

Since Yves was leading after one year, he also got hit, but not as much as me. With the costly, bloody battle with the unnamed player, both the unnamed player and myself were out for a possible win. Rami and Pierre had a huge 2nd year. Rami finished second and Pierre finished first for the win.

So all in all today, 3 games played, 3 wins for Pierre.

I enjoyed my game of Wallenstein. Next time we play this game, I will do somethings different in order not to selfdestroy in the second year for a possible win the next time.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.