1 Posts

Tinners' Trail» Forums » Sessions

Subject: First game (3 player) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joakim Fältman
flag msg tools
Red Sonic Underwear
I got two friends over (Kiet and Yin) and we (or rather, I) decided to pull out Tinners' Trail for the first time.

After doing a quick explanation of the rules, which are quite simple to grasp we started.

The first turn the prices were high, both copper and tin were maxed out and both me and Yin decided to mine as much as much as possible to take advantage of the high prices. Kiet passed when he had the possibility to do one more mine action to be first player next turn, a move that he later felt was not too good.

I decided to not invest as much as I could have in the first turn to get the upper hand in cash (to overbid the others when placing mines).

The second turn the prices were low (both of them second lowest) so this turn only Yin did some real mining while me and Kiet prepared for the next turn by taking improvements. After investments the second turn Yin was clearly in the lead victory point wise, but I had lots of tin and copper to be mined!

The third turn the prices on copper was good again, second highest. The prices for copper can be either 2, 4, 8 or 10 so there is quite a difference. For tin it doesn't feel like that big of a deal since the prices can be 4, 5, 6 or 7. For some reason I took more improvements than I should have this turn, making me unable to capitalize on the high price of copper (which I had plenty to mine). But hey, there is a fourth turn, I will just mine it then!

When we rolled the prices for fourth turn I knew that I had lost, and it all looked so good up until then. The price on tin was 5, but the price on copper was 2!!! What good was all the copper in my mines now?! I took improvements to get rid of some water and then I mined as much tin as I could, but it was not enough...

At the end the score was:
Yin - 119 (early investment payed off)
Kiet - 118
me - 117

I can't believe how close the score was! shake If only the price of copper had been higher the last turn...

I really enjoyed the game, even with the loss. laugh I quite like the random prices of tin and copper. You have to take advantage of high prices (if you get any), or gamble a little like me and hope for the best!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.