Politico» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Politico back on the table! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
Hey All,

I am the newest member to the Costa Rican Guild and even though I live here my Spanish writing skills are very very poor so I will be the member who writes stuff in English ( I am married to a wonderful Costa Rican who has been turned into a gamer over the years ).

Politico is a great game and I feel very blessed to have been smart enough to buy up 5 of the very last ones that where available ( there was only 100 produced, but write the designer - John - and tell him he should reprint it cause you want on the " Want List " when he does ). I only have 2 of those left ( traded ) and they are in the states waiting on me. For the last Month I have been kinda bummed because I could not find my Politico Game, I had no clue where it could be and searched for it a few times. Well yesterday day I was cleaning house and found it where it had fallen behind our propane tanks hidden from view. So I figured I better get it to the table as quick as possible to celebrate finding it.

My friend Jon has played this one a lot and really likes it, our friend Chad was a newbie at it but he is a gamer and picked it up right quick. How quick you say, lets just call it beginners luck since he won the first one

So now Chad understands the game and has seen all the cards, we are now on a level playing field for our 2nd game. I really love this game, it has some great mechanics that I really enjoy. You have 2 cards always in your hand that are used to determine how you will play this turn ( Action Cards ). A different type of card gets turned over ( a class card ) and then everyone reveals their Action card at the same time. You get 1 action per turn and extra actions if other people played a different action card then you ( so there is a lot of strategy on which action card to play, but you are never sure what the others will play all said and done ). The game is one of those that goes back and fourth a lot. Jon was close to winning till Chad and I both screwed him over with good cards we had in our hand. Chad then was about to win till we both screwed him over, then I almost won it till they both took a shot at me. It is a lot of fun having someone different about to win at all times. A big part of the game is keeping good cards till the end and winning it with cards, but if the other guy is going to win you have to use these said good cards and then you won't have them when you need them for the win . All said and done it was a very close game and I was again close to winning, but they screwed with me again, the only problem was that they did a minor screwing unlike the previous time when it was a royal screwing ( the game theme is that the king is about to die and all his kids are fighting to get enough support from the 4 classes to be the next King ). So they left me close enough and I bid my time for a few turns before I played some cards that let me steal some of the followers from one of my rival siblings and the game was won by yours truely - .

This is a great game that I had been missing and I am very happy that I finally found it again. I look forward to playing this one a lot more ( even if I already have teh most logged plays of it here at the BGG ) and if you ever get a chance to play this one I highly recommend it!

Game On'

And remember - Costa Rica Rocks!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.