1 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
litho chong
Hsinchu city
flag msg tools
This was the 2nd time we played this game.

I played the Lion, and my wife played the Archer. My initial strategy was to build monument, as I thought it would bring in lots of victory points at the end of each turn. Yeap, I built three Monuments at the initial phase. I got quite a few victory points for a while. But that did not last long. As my wife jealous of my “accomplishments”, she triggered an external conflict. And till then I realized I have no supporters for the defense. I lost my monuments.

Nonetheless, I quickly identified the main weakness of the Archer. The archer leaders did not have enough temples around them. An internal conflict defeated one of the leaders in that kingdom, and I could share some of the victory points of the monument in that kingdom.

We also discovered the powerful function of the catastrophe tile. It can create so much difference, if the opponents are not building up the kingdom carefully. An external conflict can also break a powerful/lucrative kingdom into pieces, and created so much opportunity for the players again.

We enjoyed playing the game. I lost the game by not having enough victory points in the Traders when compared to my wife.

The game took about 90min. It was a long game, but we are certainly looking forward to play it again. We learnt our mistakes in this time. And next time shall be a very interesting one!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.