Thumb up
1 Posts

De Bellis Antiquitatis» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Three brief reports rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Johansson
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
I spent 200 GG and all I got was this lousy overtext!
I got in three games y'dy.

The first, and by far the longest, was Teutonic Orders v. Early Hungarians (b). The Hungarians deployed LH on their left, psiloi and a column of spear in a swamp in the left centre, bow in their right centre, and sundry mounted incl the general on the right. Opposing this, the Germans had knights and LH on the right, the crossbowmen, spearmen and more light horse, then more knights incl the general, and finally the auxilia and the psiloi skulking in a wood on the left. The initial German attack went badly, with one Kn on the right being QK'd by the LH of the Hungarian left and another doubled in the centre by the Sp column which had marched out of the swamp, the only German success being a lucky doubling of the Hungarian psiloi by a crossbow element.

Poor pip rolls, however, prevented the Hungarians from pressing their advantage, allowing the Germans to pull back and regroup. The Hungarian spear pressed forward to attack the German crossbowmen, but instead found themselves going down one by one to the German LH (the crossbows providing overlaps), while the Hungarian LH, being out of command range, couldn't capitalize on their success for lack of pips. The Hungarian archers kept shooting at the German knights and spear but just couldn't get a kill in before the Germans eventually withdrew, while the Hungarian mounted on the right never got into combat, not daring to go too close to the German foot in the forest and not willing to sliding in before the archers to take on the German knights. Thus the battle ended 4-2 with the last Hungarian spear in the centre going down completely surrounded by German crossbows and light horse.

The second game, Teutonic Orders v. Early Burgundians, was pathetically brief. Charles the Bold detached three Kn to attack the German left; unfortunately the dice gods hate him and the first was 6-1'd by an auxilia and the second being QK'd by a LH, leaving Charles himself surrounded and killed in the next bound. 3G-0 in less than fifteen minutes.

Last game was Prussians v. Lithuanians. The Lithuanians had Cv in the centre, then LH, and Ax/Ps on the flanks, the Prussians also Cv in the centre, then seven Wb on their left, and some Ax and Ps on their right. In the first clash between the battlelines the Lithuanians lost a LH (doubled by Ps) whereas the Prussians were unlucky enough to lose their Cv general (doubled by Cv). The now leaderless Prussians held out for a remarkably long time before finally losing 2G-1 after one of the Lithuanian Ps succeeded in doubling a Prussian one. It's worth noting that the Lithuanian LH failed completely to get any kills on the Wb, despite many 2-1 and 2-0 fights thanks to overlaps.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.