Frank DuFriend
United States
flag msg tools
More than once I have bought a boardgame from a Tucson retailer that has been previously played by the stores emplyees and then charged full price. A few days ago I finally picked up Punct and Tzaar from this store. When I got them home to inspect I found that Tzaar had its pieces enclosed in zip-lock baggies, I thought 'really?' and then opened up Punct, and sure enough it's pieces were factory sealed. This is the 3rd time this has happeded with games I have bought from this store. Which by the way is GAME DAZE at the Park Place Mall. In the past I have returned these games and have had no problem getting a refund, but this is getting to be a serious hassle, and I don't feel I should have to ask if a game I am going to purchase has been previously played. So it looks like I'll be ordering all my games from online retailers.
Am I being anal or ridiculous here? I like to open up a new game and see it in all its fresh from the factory goodness. Would you not have a problem with this?
You might ask how I know the games are preplayed by the store employees, well the manager told me. I found a game there that I had been looking for for quite a while, when he saw me with it he told me "just letting you know that we have played that copy." I asked him if there would be a discount, he told me he could do 5% off! I laughed and put the game back on the shelf.
Let me know what you think of this.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.