Thumb up
1 Posts

Anima: Shadow of Omega» Forums » General

Subject: Pre-Play Thoughts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
butch mapoa
msg tools
Just got my copy of the game today! My friends and I are going to give it a go as soon as we can get everyone together. I've been skimming it though, so I can get a feel for the game before we play.

My initial thoughts:

The artwork is superb! I don't think there was a single bad piece in the bunch. The location cards are spectacular! I do wish that the Mission cards had some artwork on them, especially the ones that "attach" to the party. As it is, the "Rescue the Princess" mission loses its sizzle when the "Princess" is basically... a scroll.

But the text... leaves a lot to be desired. The rulebook, while decent, could have maybe been a bit more in-depth, with more samples. Considering the large number of posts about the game are rules issues, I'm thinking I'm not the only one who got confused about some small things here and there.

The cards could also have used some consistent templating. The way the cards are worded seems arbitrary. In most cases, you can use logic to figure out what exactly a card does. But it would have been nice if everything had been figured out and polished mechanically.

The flavor of the set could also have used more oomph. Some of the card names are so bland: Acrobatic Warrior, Magical Object Accident, Sleep Spell just to name a few. And did the set need 3 kinds of "Mentalist?" This is where it becomes really obvious that the game was designed in another country.

Some people noted that the cards were too drak or flimy, but that isn't an issue at all with my batch, The art is clean, the card quality is good, and the text is readable.

With all that being said, I can't wait to give this a spin!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.