Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
As you can see from my other thread, I plan on playing Axis and Allies while using Tide of Iron to resolve the battles. I just couldnt stand to let Japan have elite German armor so I decided to draw up stats for them. In my research I found that Japan's tanks, on average, sucked. I chose the Type 97 medium tank because it was the most used but it had thin armor and a semi-weak gun. To compensate I gave the infantry some more Japan style abilities. Would anyone mind giving these stats a run through to see how they play? I'd like as many opinions as possible.

Here is the PDF
http://donmegel.com/images/Japan.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Heis
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like what you've done, and I think it's a reasonable angle to take, but I think it's up-scaled too much. The regular infantry bonuses are good, but I think the Elite is too good in a single squad, and unwieldy in a mixed squad.

I think what you've done with Regular is good enough that it adds onto the Elite, with the normal Elite bonuses.

Maybe both types should have an initial bonus defence against suppressive fire (roll to achieve, or ignore 1st suppressive hit etc.)

Just because the armour is weak (which you're never going to get away from!), does the infantry have to be counter-balanced? You could just have that they have a whole load more infantry if they need to balance up against their weak armour. Just saying that for devil's advocate in case your experiment doesn't work, but I think it will.

Best of luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Hansey
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Most of the the units in the game have the same stats with a few notable expections. If you're adding Japan, I would just try to come up with a new card deck to represent their national advantages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.