Humans!!!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Comments and Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Mitchell
United States
California
flag msg tools
I picked up an advanced copy at the San Diego Comic Con, and have played 4 games. Really cool game. A few minor issues have come up:

The movement rules don’t prohibit diagonal moves. Not a problem for Zombie!!! players, but Zombietown players and others may need that mentioned in an FAQ.

Is the official direction of play clockwise, like Zombies!!!? I ask because there are two actions that are directional: 1) card play goes left from the player whose turn it is, and 2) humans are moved by the player to the right of the current player.

If a zombie fails to remove a barricade, does its movement end?

Three cards could allow individual zombies to attempt capture humans twice in the same turn. Icy Road is not limited to being played during the owning player’s movement phase. It could be used to move zombies to another space containing a human, after they have attempted to Capture. Close, But No Cigar! and Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner! can be used to move humans into squares occupied by zombies that have already attempted to capture humans. Is the intent that individual zombies be limited to attempting to capture only one human per turn?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,
I'm really glad you like the game. We had a great time at Comic Con. Man, is that show HUGE or what...LOL!

Anyway, here are the answers to your questions:

- I could have sworn we put that in there...

- Yes, the official play direction is clockwise. The person to the right moves the humans so the next player doesn't have an advantage on their turn.

- No, the movement doesn't end. The zombie just has to find someplace else to go.

- I don't understand the question. Could you explain a little more?

Thanks,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd,

Has the game been released yet? Your website says August, BGN says it was available in July but I can't find it anywhere.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx. zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
California
flag msg tools
toddbreitenstein wrote:
Hi Mark,
I'm really glad you like the game. We had a great time at Comic Con. Man, is that show HUGE or what...LOL!

Anyway, here are the answers to your questions:

- I could have sworn we put that in there...

- Yes, the official play direction is clockwise. The person to the right moves the humans so the next player doesn't have an advantage on their turn.

- No, the movement doesn't end. The zombie just has to find someplace else to go.

- I don't understand the question. Could you explain a little more?

Thanks,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Comic Con is amazing.

I really like this game. It is a great mirror image of Zombies!!!

Let’s say I move three of my zombies into 3 different spaces, and each space contains a human. I go through the Capture/Combat procedure, and eat all three Humans. Now, can I play “Icy Road” and move those three zombies one space each? Let’s say that they again move into three different spaces, and each new space also contains a human. Can I attempt to capture those humans at this time? That would make the card quite powerful, IMHO.

Or, let’s say my three zombies eat three humans, and then I play “Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner.” Can I place three humans in the zombies’ spaces, and can the zombies then try to capture the newly placed humans? Again, this is an opportunity for individual zombies to capture two humans in one round.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David,
Humans!!! started shipping to distributors on July 30. You should start seeing it in shops in the next few days.
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toddbreitenstein wrote:
Hi David,
Humans!!! started shipping to distributors on July 30. You should start seeing it in shops in the next few days.
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thanks. zombie zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mitchell
United States
California
flag msg tools
With a few more games under my belt, I've decided we were getting a little too creative. The logical and most sensible way to use the Icy Road card is immediately after all the player’s Zombies are moved, before continuing on to other phases or other player’s turns. That would preclude any Zombie entering two human occupied squares in one turn. The two cards that place Humans on the board say normal placement rules apply, which means Humans could not be placed in squares occupied by Zombies. The card that moves Humans would not let Humans move into a Zombie square. This all keeps individual Zombies from having multiple opportunities to attack Humans in one turn, and it never leaves Zombies and Humans in the same square at the end of a player’s turn.

For anyone reading this who does not yet have the game, rest assured these are minor issues. The rules are very solid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Breitenstein
United States
Campbell County
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mark,
I am glad you figured out the issues you were having with Humans!!!. It sounded to me like you were trying to over-complicate things. The important thing is that you figured it out and are having a good time with it.

Also, thank you for the kind words regarding Humans!!! We are very happy with it and are excited that people seem to be really enjoying it. Let me know if any more questions arise.
Best regards,
Todd
Twilight Creations, Inc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.