Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Race for the Galaxy» Forums » General

Subject: I just got this game, and I'm missing 50 cards! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathaniel Wise

Maryland
msg tools
I'd played a friend's copy of this a few times and had been eagerly awaiting a restock so I could get my own copy...

The first thing I notice as I started going through the cards was that I was missing the 4 sets of 7 action cards for each player. I did have the 8 duplicates for the 2 player version. Further inspection revealed that I didn't have any of the starting worlds, and I only have 42 (instead of 50) Developments, and 50 (instead of 59) Worlds. That's a total of 50 cards missing!

I've already sent an email to Rio Grande since I assume it was an error on their part, but I was hoping someone here could point me to a complete card list so I can figure out what I'm missing. I don't know if this is an isolated incident and I will need to provide them this info, or if there was a bad batch and they have little shrinkwrapped decks of 50 cards lying around that accidentally got left out.

Hopefully this can be resolved quickly, but there go my plans for actually playing this over the weekend. :(
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find a card list here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/31966

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjac wrote:
You can find a card list here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/31966

There's supposed to be 109 cards according to the box back. The dude's Excel spreadsheet list only contains 93 cards. Either I'm missing something or the list is incomplete.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Jacobsson
Sweden
Upplands Vasby
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
jonjac wrote:
You can find a card list here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/31966

There's supposed to be 109 cards according to the box back. The dude's Excel spreadsheet list only contains 93 cards. Either I'm missing something or the list is incomplete.

True, the list seems to be incomplete.

The excel sheet lists 95 cards (97 rows - 2 header rows), while the rules state: 109 game cards (59 worlds, 50 developments).

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Dillon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Zithuan wrote:

The first thing I notice as I started going through the cards was that I was missing the 4 sets of 7 action cards for each player. I did have the 8 duplicates for the 2 player version. Further inspection revealed that I didn't have any of the starting worlds, and I only have 42 (instead of 50) Developments, and 50 (instead of 59) Worlds. That's a total of 50 cards missing!

I've already sent an email to Rio Grande since I assume it was an error on their part, but I was hoping someone here could point me to a complete card list so I can figure out what I'm missing. I don't know if this is an isolated incident and I will need to provide them this info, or if there was a bad batch and they have little shrinkwrapped decks of 50 cards lying around that accidentally got left out.


I just got mine in the mail right now (*bounce*) and there is a little shrinkwrapped deck of 50 cards containing everything you say is missing. I am guessing you did not get one. Unfortunately, I did not get two, or I could help you out :( Hope that gets resolved soon!

EDIT: Oh I see why! It has all of the starting hands and 4-player action cards so you can jump into a four-player training game right after opening the box!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The way it's packed, if I recall (it's been a while), was the 'open me first' pack, which contained:
Start worlds 1-4 (4)
Start world 0 (old earth) (1)
Starting hands (4*4 = 16)
Player Action Cards (4*7 = 28) less the 'bonus' (8) cards.

That's 49 cards.

So that description should be sufficient for Rio Grande to know what's missing from the box.

I hope this isn't a systemic problem.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Weage
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Game should have 150 cards.

109 basic game cards
005 home worlds
028 actions (7 per player x 4 players)
008 extra actions (2 per player x 4 players)
---
150

Mine came packaged as one deck of 100 and one of 50 and it sounds like you are missing the smaller package (my smaller deck included all the 5 home worlds, the 28 basic action cards, and the 16 starter cards plus one other card.) So it probably is a little shrink-wrapped deck that got left out and will be easy to replace. You could check to see if you obtained any of the starter cards - 8 devs and 8 planets each with small numbers in the corners - as a way to double check on this.

I haven't checked the spread sheet to see why it has less cards - but it might be because there are 2 each of all the "cost-less-than-6" developments, which is 19 different cards (38 total) though 8 of these are starter devs so they aren't exact duplicates due to the number in the corner.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mitchell
United Kingdom
Enfield
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonjac wrote:
True, the list seems to be incomplete.

Mine is http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/29538

Far better
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing is I know there are duplicates for some of the cards, but dunno if that still accounts for all of 'em though

raxvulpine wrote:
Zithuan wrote:

The first thing I notice as I started going through the cards was that I was missing the 4 sets of 7 action cards for each player. I did have the 8 duplicates for the 2 player version. Further inspection revealed that I didn't have any of the starting worlds, and I only have 42 (instead of 50) Developments, and 50 (instead of 59) Worlds. That's a total of 50 cards missing!

I've already sent an email to Rio Grande since I assume it was an error on their part, but I was hoping someone here could point me to a complete card list so I can figure out what I'm missing. I don't know if this is an isolated incident and I will need to provide them this info, or if there was a bad batch and they have little shrinkwrapped decks of 50 cards lying around that accidentally got left out.


I just got mine in the mail right now (*bounce*) and there is a little shrinkwrapped deck of 50 cards containing everything you say is missing. I am guessing you did not get one. Unfortunately, I did not get two, or I could help you out Hope that gets resolved soon!

EDIT: Oh I see why! It has all of the starting hands and 4-player action cards so you can jump into a four-player training game right after opening the box!!
Yeah, mine came in 2 decks. A smaller one containing the start worlds and "preset worlds", and a larger deck containing all the rest, including some player action cards

Well, here, this is what my copy looked like......
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachel Dillon
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
byronczimmer wrote:
The way it's packed, if I recall (it's been a while), was the 'open me first' pack, which contained:
Start worlds 1-4 (4)
Start world 0 (old earth) (1)
Starting hands (4*4 = 16)
Player Action Cards (4*7 = 28) less the 'bonus' (8) cards.

That's 49 cards.


Mine also had Pirate World, for no reason I could discern (maybe just to make it 50 and 100?)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
jonjac wrote:
You can find a card list here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/file/info/31966

There's supposed to be 109 cards according to the box back. The dude's Excel spreadsheet list only contains 93 cards. Either I'm missing something or the list is incomplete.


The list is complete.

There are two of each development of cost < 6.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
The list is complete.

There are two of each development of cost < 6.

While reading, I was starting to wonder if anyone actualy knew this.

There is:

5 start worlds
59 Worlds

19 developement cards X 2 = 38 (costing 1 to 5)
12 developement cards (costing 6)
For a total of 50 developements.

59 + 19 + 19 + 12 = 109
109 + 5 = 114

So there is 114 cards total (action cards not incluced). But if you count card types you get:

59 + 19 + 12 + 5 = 95

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Wise

Maryland
msg tools
Thanks for all the replies guys, I haven't heard back from Rio Grande yet, but at least it sounds like it ought to be easy for them to supply the missing cards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.