BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: New Game Advertising Venue Ready to Launch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This post goes out to all of the game designers out there. If you have a site/comapany/game/event/etc. that you want publicised, I think we can help each other out.

This Dragon*Con, Diving Dragon Games is releasing its new ad supported card game called "Geek Fight!". In celebration of this, we are letting all interested parties get a free ad on two of our cards. These will be distributed at Dragon*Con and sold on our site. We are printing 1000 copies of each card for the first launch, so you will get 2000 potential customers. They are available on a first come first served basis, so you need to act quickly.

The mockups for the entire set should be ready by Monday, so keep checking this thread to see when I post them. I think all of my fellow geeks will be pleased. Some of them have already been claimed by some of our partners, so we wil let you know which ones are taken.

If you would like more info on Geek Fight! and Diving Dragon Games, please feel free to visit our site http://divingdragongames.org . I know for a fact that we get a lot of traffic everytime we announce something here on BGG, so don't be affraid to comment and ask questions.

Finally, I would like to add (heheheh) if you feel confident in our services after Dragon*Con and would like to order some custom designed cards based on one of your products by BGG Con, that is very possible. If you have some of our cards, I can guarantee that you will have patrons going from booth to booth trying to get all of the promos. But you should make them earn them by getting a demo or something.

I will stop rambling now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess one little peek at a card won't hurt.

This card has already been claimed by www.dark-platypus.com, and it based on one of their real products. Cthulhu dice bag FTW!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
Game Artisans of Canada Member
badge
My Best Bud Parker 2004-2016
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting. Since we are about to release our first product, it would be great to get some free advertising! We would very much appreciate your offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Overbay
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Kale, the sample card looks great. Geekmail sent, thanks for the kind offer and best wishes on your success!

-Van

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright guys, every time someone shows there interest in getting an ad I will show you one more card. I just hope I do not post too many images in the thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just landed another sponsor. Sadly he did not find out about us through BGG. I still want to show off a card though, and you can't stop me.

All of the cards I have posted so far are ones that have been claimed by companies. This one is from the famous (or infamous) Man-Faye. I just wanted to use him as an example of the other resource type in the first set. There are two: tokens, and cash. There are also generic cards that can be paid for by any resource type, and hybrid cards that either produce two resource types or can be paid for by using either type.

I have also provided an example of each card type: Item (Swag is a type of item), Tactic, and Combatant (That would be Man-Faye).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I have gotten yet another sponsor (and agian not through BGG, but theones that I have gotten here are great!) so it is spoiler time. This time I have a card that is "generic". Basically that means that anyone can pay for it, no matter what resource type the produce.

The card also affects a rule that is unique to Geek Fight!, and that is the "barter" rule. If a combatant cannot afford to play an item or a tactic, they may trade one of the items they have in play for 1/2 the resource value of the item (the number in the blue jewel). It is just like selling items in most video games.

Every company has to give out T-Shirts, right? Well we do it with style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tonight is the night. Keep your eyes open at midnight (eastern) to see all of the cards, and designers/publishers/reviewers get ready to stake your claim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.