Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gallagher
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I presume that "resolving" the foreign war it is optional to the major power. There is no implied "must" resolve regarding a foreign war.
He does not have to do a field battle but can just leave the required number of troops on the card.

Also I presume that the part of the rule that says all new troop builds must be placed on the card in practice means you build till you reach the required number-- can not place more, but are not in some twisted way, prevented from building elsewhere in that impulse. Common sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it is optional. New troops builds must first fill the card. Any additional builds go on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done correctly, I think it is often a good deal NOT to attack. If you are england and pick 4 mercs (or even 4 inf) you only lose ONE COUNTER: a 4. With the Ottomans, in the best case scenario they only lose 2 counters, a 1 & 2 or a 1 & 4. Place on the units and let them sit.

It is actually better to let them sit, as you don't lose CPs by attacking AND the card does not go back into the deck. I was considering a HR that gives a VP loss on the turn AFTER a foreign war is placed if not removed. THAT should do it, huh?

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan P.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Or perhaps, the enemy attacks you for free at the end of the turn if you did not attack once. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xatham wrote:
Or perhaps, the enemy attacks you for free at the end of the turn if you did not attack once.

Yeah, I didn't say that it was the BEST idea...

Jason

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.