Power Grid: China/Korea» Forums » General

Subject: Does this expansion require the PG deck expansion for play? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the planned power plant market require the PG deck expansion for play?

I would imagine depending on which deck you use(new or old) the game would be very different.

This also leads to another question probably best posted elsewhere; however, do the other maps also require the new deck? Or do I just need the basic Power Grid game for all the map expansions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about this map, but I know the other maps do not need the expansion deck. I assume that the same is true for the Korea/China map as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2nd deck is just for variety. K/C shouldn't need it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Warren
United States
Glendale
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
La cheeserie!
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a finished prototype of Korea and watched part of a rough prototype of China, and neither required the new deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fair
United States
Damascus
MD
flag msg tools
designer
Or maybe PowerGrid?
badge
Yeah, that's me. Handsome devil, I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Suppe Kasper wrote:
Does the planned power plant market require the PG deck expansion for play?

No.

Quote:
I would imagine depending on which deck you use(new or old) the game would be very different.

Yes, indeed. And that is true for all of the maps, but it is very noticeable here, sue to the way the resource market in Korea works, and the way the Power Plant market works in China.

Quote:
This also leads to another question probably best posted elsewhere; however, do the other maps also require the new deck? Or do I just need the basic Power Grid game for all the map expansions?

You need only the base game, but the deck is compatible with all of the maps, and triples your options for play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henning Kröpke
Germany
Ascheberg
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add an official note:

All the expansion maps do not need the "New Power Plant" expansion, you can play them with the base game.

China especially just now only needs the base game, because of some modifiactions regarding the player number several power plants are removed from the stack, and these informations are only for the base game power plants.

Henning Kröpke
(for 2F-Spiele)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I a mail I got from Henning he told me that yes, there will be an information on their website regarding the combination of China and the new plant deck, but they currently don't know when this will take place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:
I a mail I got from Henning he told me that yes, there will be an information on their website regarding the combination of China and the new plant deck, but they currently don't know when this will take place.

You posted this nearly two years ago; will we ever get offical rules for the new plants?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I know as much as you: nothing. I hope they will finally post some rules. I guess they just forgot about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.