Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
"It may be doubted whether so small a number of men ever employed so short a space of time with greater or more lasting effects upon the history of the world.” — Sir George Otto Trevelyan on the Battles of Trenton and Princeton
mbmbmbmbmb
The circular chips. Mine were translucent and red.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I have those. Is there something that explains that? It does state 33 Scorched Earth Chips on the back of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 2, second column, fifth bullet item ("What pieces should you have in your game?"):

33 round plastic chips to represent "Scorched Earth" (16.57)

Section 1, which covers playing pieces, the map, etc, is the first place I'd have looked for this information, but it leaves markers other than flags and key control markers. I'd argue that the Introduction is not as good of a place to put such information as in the numbered rules sections, but then no one is asking me to develop games and write rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Olsson
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to look at the rules on the GMT site, and this is covered as indicated in section 16.57.

16.57 using resources to Create Scorched Earth
Starting with the Second Round of Turn 1, a Tsarist Power may spend one Resource at any time during its Scheduled Impulse (not a pre-emption Impulse) to put a Scorched Earth Marker on any Tsarist controlled Duchy that is within two Duchies of an Imperial Formation or Flag. The Duchy need not be occupied by a Tsarist Formation. However, the Tsarist Power
may not place the Scorched Earth Marker in a Duchy which an Imperial Army or Army Group is Adjacent to and could theoretically Intercept into (if the Army or Army Group is marked with a “Battle or failed Intercept” marker, or would be unable to intercept into the Duchy for any other reason, it may not prevent placement of a Scorched Earth marker). A Duchy so marked is known as a Scorched Earth Duchy.

On the next page there is information on what this means:

16.58 Effect of Scorched Earth
A Scorched Earth Duchy has the following effects.
A Formation entering it, for any reason, must make an immediate Attrition roll (applies to both Imperial and Tsarist Formations). It costs a Power 2 CPs to Flag a Scorched Earth Duchy.
A Flag Overrun remains free of CP cost, but requires the winner to inflict at least 2 more Battle eliminations than the loser’s total of Strength Points and Leader pieces (12.9).
If it is a Key Duchy, new piece builds are limited to one Strength Point of Soldiers or one Leader during an Impulse. There is no quantity effect on pieces being returned to the map from the Regroup Box (6.32).

FYI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.